Answered

typeform including hidden fields to pre-existing entries in Notion database

• 5 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi there!

I have a contacts database in Notion already populated with entries by people registering for an event via a typeform.

Some of those people have to fill out a second arrivals form.

We have used hidden fields to create the arrivals form from our mailchimp database

Is it possible that the arrivals form can populate our already existing contacts database entries with the new arrivals information?

icon

Best answer by picsoung 5 June 2021, 02:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey Nathaniel,

We just added support for variables and hidden fields for this integration.

You should now be able to send variables and hidden fields to your Notion database.

If you are trying to link two databases together, you would probably need to use the Relation column from Notion. You can read more about this feature in their help center.

Unfortunately this probably not something we will add to the integration, at least for now, because it makes the setup a bit complicated. But would love to hear what you have in mind :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nathaniel Thanks for stopping by the community! :grin: It isn’t possible to connect to an existing Notion database (you’ll want it to be a new one), but we can share this feedback with the product team. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Hi @Liz, similar problem. I was able to map the hidden field to a notion column but the info in that column shows up as xxxxx in Notion instead of the name i gave the hidden field. How do I fix this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @taapsi 

I am sorry to hear you are facing issues with this integration.

Is the value of the hidden field correct on the Typeform side, under the Results tab?

If the value is also xxxx there, it means something is wrong with the way you pass the hidden field to the form.