Answered

Change Camera from default Facetime camera

Userlevel 1

Greeting from Atlanta, GA!

So here’s the issue - I like to record live instead of uploading a previously recorded video.  When I access the video recording in the workflow, I’m not able to change the default camera on my MacBook Pro (the FaceTime Camera) to an external camera, in my case a Mevo camera connected via USB.

However, when I sent a video question to support, there were setting controls that allow me to select the camera and audio device I wanted to use.  I’m not seeing this same feature when creating video inside a workflow.  Am I missing it?  Is this not an option for live recordings?

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by Grace 26 August 2022, 17:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @ChristopherATL welcome welcome! 

When you select the webcam option to record a video, there should be a camera and microphone icon at the top of the screen allowing you to switch to a different camera/mic:

Let me know if that’s not appearing for you though and we can check it out!

Userlevel 1

Thank for the quick reply.  Here’s what’s happening:

When starting from scratch, the camera and and other tools are visible and I’m able to select my Mevo camera and my RodeCaster microphone setup. (just as you were kind enough to share in your photo)

However, if I select a pre-made template and try to replace the video with my own, those tools are not visible and not an option.  Therefore, my MacBook Pro defaults to the last camera option used and no way to change any settings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @ChristopherATL it should work in the same way, I’ve just tried to replace a template video and it’s bringing up the options for me, let me check with the team to see if anyone else is missing the options.

Can you tell me which browser you’re using?

Userlevel 1

The photo I shared previously was with Safari.  However, the same is happening in Chrome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @ChristopherATL 

Ok! I think we’ve cracked it!

Because the notes are toggled on it means the camera options aren’t visible, if you toggle notes off then the options should appear and you’ll be able to select your external camera and mic 🙏

Userlevel 1

Bingo!  Mystery Solved!  Thank you so much for helping to figure this out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wahoo! Thanks @ChristopherATL! Love the awesome screen shots too! 😍

Where are the notes toggle??? I’ve looked and looked!

I found it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Angella Conrard so glad you found them! 🙌