Answered

Measuring videoask abandonment

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have 2 videoasks set up - one in English and one in Spanish.  The end of the sequence is that they schedule a consultation with me on calendly.  I am getting now a lot of notices of interaction and very few appointments set.  I wondering about how I can assess what is going on.  I would assume we have users abandon the flow.  A few questions:

1.  The notice of interaction.  Is this the page where the user last was?  The button -the answer -highlighted:  is that the users last interaction?
  2. Is there any kind of redirect on abandonment I can do?  For example, redirect to a page saying, “would you just rather talk to us by phone?’” or something.
  3. is there a way I can better measure abandonment?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Grace 18 July 2022, 15:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stanley Denman welcome to the community and thanks for your question!

You’re right in thinking that the last step that you see a response to will be the place someone has dropped off, VideoAsk doesn’t wait till a form is completed to submit a response, it will collect responses after each step so even if someone doesn’t complete your videoask you’ll still get answers to the steps they do interact with (providing you haven’t toggle on Skip Data Collection).

I would recommend taking a look at the Drop Off Analysis in the builder area of your videoask to help you identify if there is a trend of people dropping off at a specific step, we have a Help Center article here which shows you how to use this feature.

Depending on the information you see, you might want to think about re-ordering your steps, or updating a video message or even adding or removing a step to help them complete the sequence and book in with you on Calendly.

There isn’t a feature to redirect if someone abandons your videoask, but you could use multiple choice and logic before your Calendly booking step to ask if they would rather book in with you/continue with the videoask or set up a time to talk on the phone instead. You would need to set up a step using the multiple choice answer type and use logic to send them to a different step depending on which answer they choose.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have more questions 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you Grace.  I did take at look at that 80% drop off on first videoask!  Kinda hurts my feelings!  Except not: I don’t think there is anything wrong with my ask.  What does this tell you, though.  To me, its a visitor that simply is either low, low energy, or just clicked on out of curiosity and is not really a motivated prospect.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Stanley Denman I think you could be right, I am sure there are many people clicking out of curiosity! Do you also have a contact form set up on that first step? If you do, it could also be that they’re not ready to leave contact details yet. 

Hopefully you’ll start seeing more genuine prospects come through in the coming weeks 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge

No I do not have a contact form set up.  That level of abandonment is high right?  Yes I will watch over the coming weeks for improvement.  It is interesting, thought, got a good prospect yesterday who abandoned but contacted me by phone because I “looked kind on the video”.    Results not quite in the way I had expected, but result nonetheless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s interesting @Stanley Denman, feel free to share your videoask with us here if you think it’d help to take a look and give any feedback (you can always share in preview mode so we don’t mess up your metrics!)