Answered

How can I refund and cancel a subscription I got just now? It was a mistake and now my bank account is almost empty!

• 15 February 2022
  • 70 replies

I was trying to register for a one month only subscription because I would only use Typeform for 1 WEEK. I used Typeform before (2018) and the basic monthly subscription was also around the $20-$30 dollar range so I thought ok, that's what I'll do again.

I'm surprised because they subscribed me to the ANNUAL plan and my debit card was charged more than EUR300?! I am a grad student with no work at the moment and this is my rent money they took. :( 

I already sent an email and a message because this is urgent and I have no response.

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 February 2022, 20:34

View original

70 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nhupham3107 sorry again for the wait - we’ve pinged them again! I know they’ve been a bit backed up in their ticket queue. 

Badge

Hi @Liz, Anahí from the billing team promised me a refund within 5-10 working days. However, I still haven't received it. Could you please assist? It's been one month since I raised the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nhupham3107 You will want to reply in that ticket, as the billing team is going to be the best help for this. I’m afraid I don’t have access to accounts to assist with refunds. 

Badge

I've already responded to the previous ticket, but it appears that the billing team closed it, leading to the system generating a new one. My reply was two days ago and I have yet to receive a response from them. The way they are handling this matter is extremely disappointing. I haven't waited for a month and the issue has not been resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nhupham3107 Responding to the ticket will re-open it, so hang tight! 

I am writing to you as a person who is currently unemployed and experiencing financial difficulties. The amount of 534,00 € that was deducted from my account constitutes a significant portion of my rent, which I have trouble paying. I originally subscribed to Typeform when I was a student for a school project that required integration with GitHub. However, I have graduated since then, and I inadvertently failed to cancel this subscription.

I have already submitted a ticket to the customer service regarding this issue, but I haven't heard back from them.

I respectfully request a refund for the amount that was debited from my account. I would also appreciate your assistance in canceling this subscription to avoid further charges.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Soufyane M'zat Our support team let me know they responded to your inquiry earlier today. Can you confirm that you received that email? 😀

HI @Liz 

Yes, I received the email. Thank you very much for your feedback

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear it, @Soufyane M'zat ! Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Hello,

I have the same problem of forgetting to cancel the plan before it is renewed. The fee was charged this morning and empty my bank account…

I have already filled the support form for a refund, so please help.

Looking forward to your response and refund!

Best,

Duong 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Duong Nguyen thanks for stopping by! Our support team is going to be your best help with this, so be sure to look out for their email reply!

Glad to hear it, @Soufyane M'zat ! Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

I encountered the same problem of forgetting to cancel my plan before it automatically renewed. The fee was deducted from my account this morning, leaving it empty.

I submitted the support form for a refund yesterday, so I kindly request your prompt assistance.

Awaiting your response and the refund process. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @hiimbomb the support team will be able to help you with this, so keep an eye on your email for the reply 😊

Hey @hiimbomb the support team will be able to help you with this, so keep an eye on your email for the reply 😊

Thank you for this prompt feedback from you. Wishing you a fantastic week.

Hi @Liz @Grace 

I have the same issue of forgetting to cancel my plan. I forgot about it until my credit was charged. I do not have enough money to pay bill. 😭

I have just submitted the support form for a refund. Please kindly assist for the refund process.

Looking forward to hearing from your response and refund soon.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Liz @Grace 

I have the same issue of forgetting to cancel my plan. I forgot about it until my credit was charged. I do not have enough money to pay bill. 😭

I have just submitted the support form for a refund. Please kindly assist for the refund process.

Looking forward to hearing from your response and refund soon.

Thank you.

Hi @NanP sorry to hear this, if you’ve already submitted the support request you’re on the right track. Someone from the team will be in touch with you ASAP.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help in the meantime 🙏

Hi, same issue here as many others, got Github student package and then was charged the full year without a notice. Please can you help me also, made a ticket / request to the billing team.

Thanks

Henry

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @he777 Have you contacted our billing team over here yet? They’ll be the best help since they can access your account and billing information. 

I’m having the SAME issue. I emailed billing support. How long does it typically take to get a response and a refund?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hairbymegan Thanks for stopping by the community. Our response times depend on your plan, but our agents do try to get back to every ticket as fast as they can. If you have a plan that supports chat, I would definitely reach out in chat for faster help!