Answered

Can I get my quiz to open in a new tab?

• 31 January 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, I’m relatively new to Typeform and I’ve set up a promotion to start our quiz within my company website.

However, we don’t want the quiz to open in the same tab/take over the existing page. We’d like it to open in a new tab so our users can easily return to the location where they started from.

I’ve looked into using the Pop-up version, but our preference for accessibility is the Full-screen layout, in a new tab. Just can’t see how to get it to open in a new tab. Thank you if you have any tips!

icon

Best answer by Soraya_CHOICE 1 February 2022, 01:09

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Soraya_CHOICE Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. 

You would need to embed the URL of the form onto your site, and then add 

target="_blank"

to the code, depending on how you’re adding it to your website. 

Do you have the Typeform full-page embedded already added to another page on your site? If so and if you don’t mind sending the URL, I can create an example of how you can redirect to this URL. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Liz, thank you very much for getting back to me. I passed on your note to one of our developers and he edited the code to the following:

<script>
let promoButton = document.querySelectorAll('.promo__button');
for (var i=0; i<promoButton.length; i++){
    promoButton[i].setAttribute('target', '_blank');
  }

</script>

It’s now working perfectly and opens in a new tab.

Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's great to hear, @Soraya_CHOICE! Can you share the url of your website with us so we can see the result of your form in it? Always curious to check new use cases! Wishing you a great day! :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes!!! Glad to hear, @Soraya_CHOICE !! :grinning:

Userlevel 2
Badge

That's great to hear, @Soraya_CHOICE! Can you share the url of your website with us so we can see the result of your form in it? Always curious to check new use cases! Wishing you a great day! :blush:

Hello @Gabi Amaral , thank you for your interest.

This page of our website has a link to the quiz from a small promo that looks like this:

https://www.choice.com.au/electronics-and-technology/home-entertainment/tvs-and-projectors/articles/best-and-worst-new-tvs-for-watching-sport

And this page has the quiz embedded at the bottom of the page, like this:

https://www.choice.com.au/electronics-and-technology/home-entertainment/tvs-and-projectors/articles/tvs-to-avoid-buying-in-the-sales

Thanks,

Soraya

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes!!! Glad to hear, @Soraya_CHOICE !! :grinning:

Thank you for your support @Liz ! :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, that's amazing @Soraya_CHOICE! So you'd say you're mainly using Typeform for collecting feedback about your product? Are there any other occasions you use Typeform? Would love to know more about that! :sunglasses:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ah, that's amazing @Soraya_CHOICE! So you'd say you're mainly using Typeform for collecting feedback about your product? Are there any other occasions you use Typeform? Would love to know more about that! :sunglasses:

Hi Gabi, we don’t actually use it to gather information about our own product. We are a non-profit consumer association and we conduct product testing, the results we then provide in the form of product comparison data for members.

With this Typeform quiz we wanted to gather information from users regarding the reliability of their TV. We are asking them what brand they have, how long they’ve had it, etc. and throughout the quiz we also provide educational facts about the number of people who seek a refund when things go wrong, how likely people are to get their issues resolved without extra costwhen they contact the manufacturer, etc. 

In short, we are surveying people about the reliability of their TVs in this case. One other Typeform use was to ask people about their basic Health Insurance needs and wants, then recommend to them if they should look at a gold, Silver or Bronze type of health insurance at the end of the quiz. That’s specific to our health insurance categories here in Australia. I hope that answers your question. Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Soraya_CHOICE! It does answer my question, yes! That's amazing, every customer would need that! :blush: And are you planning to create more forms to create more product comparisons in the future? 

And this page has the quiz embedded at the bottom of the page, like this:

https://www.choice.com.au/electronics-and-technology/home-entertainment/tvs-and-projectors/articles/tvs-to-avoid-buying-in-the-sales

Thank you for the helpful link.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Soraya_CHOICE! It does answer my question, yes! That's amazing, every customer would need that! :blush: And are you planning to create more forms to create more product comparisons in the future? 

yes, this is part of an experiment to see if this shorter version of a larger annual survey we do will provide us with meaningful data. so yes, we have some more products we plan to create similar short surveys for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's amazing to hear, @Soraya_CHOICE! And do you already have some dates to release these next short surveys? Also, keep us posted on your experiment!

I'm sure your use case would be very interesting to other folks here in the Community! Why don't you share it on this topic?

Ah, and don't forget to add what feature you'd love to have at Typeform! :wink: