Skip to main content
Answered

Can you track on which page a form is filled in?

• 10 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

We are a non-profit that connects online volunteers with environmental non-profit, kind of as a job board. See www.jointly.earth. The website is build in Webflow.

We use Typeform on project pages (example), so people can respond on projects. So, they fill in a form, the form sends the info to us, we forward the info to the non-profit.

The problem is that we use 1 form and embed it everywhere, as we’ve got lots of projects and they change all the time, but we can’t see who responded on which project! That’s why we ask the people to state on which project they’re responding, but this is quite UX-unfriendly.

We would like Typeform to let us know on which page this form is filled in, is that possible?

Have a great day,

Douwe van Schie

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@teamjointly - welcome to the community from a fellow user

you can check this article out as it gives you a starting point on how to do this. 

you can find them in the new builder version of typeform by clicking the gear icon and scrolling down the list (see the image below), clicking the UTM item and toggling the UTM parameters on

that should do the trick

des

Hi @john.desborough 

Thanks a lot for the reply. It seems that’s unfortunately I still have the classic builder, I’ve tried it with hidden fields and ‘source’ as a tag. But it’s hasn’t been successful yet! Do you maybe know if/how it works in the classic boulder?

H​​​​​​ave a great day,

Douwe 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @john.desborough 

Thanks a lot for the reply. It seems that’s unfortunately I still have the classic builder, I’ve tried it with hidden fields and ‘source’ as a tag. But it’s hasn’t been successful yet! Do you maybe know if/how it works in the classic boulder?

H​​​​​​ave a great day,

Douwe 

try this syntax: &utm_source=facebook  as was outlined in the articles ..using FB as a example. in your typeform you would have to set up a hidden field called utm_source in order for the name/value pair to be captured as part of the form submission 

so for each project site, you would have to update the typeform url with something like &utm_source=project1 , &utm_source=project2 etc

@Liz or @Mariana, the two amazing Typeform folks who support the community may have better answers for the classic builder, as I am on the new builder platform. 

des

Hi!

I was gone for a day or two, but I’m back. Actually, I think the hidden field option isn’t doing exactly what I want, but maybe I don’t understand it well enough!

So, I want Typeform to let me know on which page a form is filled in. So I have this one form on multiple pages, then the Typeform lets me know on which page (URL) this was filled in. Is that possible with the UTM_source feature?

Let me know!

Again, thanks a lot for all this :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @teamjointly 

I believe @john.desborough is actually the best, as you will be able to pass the context of the page (name of organization, job position, ...) to the typeform.

And in Webflow you can use the Collection Item detail to fill those hidden fields.

@picsoung Great, thanks for your answer. I will start looking into this, maybe I’ll come back for some advice if I can’t figure it out!