Question

Creating a successful embed code using another's example

• 22 December 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi there, I’m trying to have the Typeform I created embedded in my company’s website (to complicate things, I don’t know if it’s a WP site or other).

I used the embed code for “General embeds” as follows and it wasn’t successful:

<div data-tf-live="01HGS5N5HTTKN830HAB89WFZ1Q"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Another colleague successfully embedded his Typeform in the same website using this code:

<div id="survey"></div>

<div data-tf-widget="jN0ujUZg" data-tf-opacity="100" data-tf-iframe-props="title=NIS2 Preparedness Self-Assessment" data-tf-transitive-search-params data-tf-medium="snippet" style="width:100%;height:570px;"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Based on my colleague’s example, what code should I use?

Thank you.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nell100 Thanks for stopping by the community! Do you mind sharing a bit more about what wasn’t successful about the embed code? If you have a link where the embed is so we can take a look, that would be helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nell100 Happy New Year! Do you still need help with the embed code? Let us know if you do and if you have any examples of the embed to share that’d be great 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, yes I do still need help please. Sorry, I’ve been on leave.

The address below is where my colleague is trying to embed it under the “Take the Self-Assessment” button. Can you see that?

https://isg-cnt.sitefinity.cloud/advisory/experience-assessment-center/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Nell100 ! I’m not seeing the form live on the website - do you mind sharing a screenshot of how you’re embedding it? The code is showing it should be there, but it seems to be hidden. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your reply. 

Here are some screenshots of the steps I took.

1. Select Share/Embed in a web page
  2. Click View Code button in top right corner
  3. Select General Embeds and click Copy

It’s a bit tricky because I don’t have access to the webpage where it’s being inserted. Instead, I sent the copied code to my colleague in another country and they inserted it.

Hope this is what you’re after. Thanks so much for helping, Liz.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, got it, @Nell100 ! Unfortunately I’d need to see how they’re adding the code to the website itself. Do you mind obtaining screenshots of that? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ok, Liz. I’ll get those screenshots and send to you. Thank you again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Nell100 !

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Liz. We’ve resolved this and it’s working now. Thank you so much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear it, @Nell100 ! What solved the issue? 🤔

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Liz, I’m not sure. They said it was just a small adjustment. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @Nell100 ! Let us know if you think of any other questions. 😁