Answered

How do I create a follow-up form based on a previously submitted form?

• 9 September 2021
  • 5 replies

To hopefully make it clearer with an example:

I want to have a public lead-gen form that anyone can respond to and that I will review.

For some of the submissions that I would shortlist, I want to send a follow-up detailed response form. I want to be able to assign there responses back to the original submission, without asking them for Name, email etc again. 

Is there a way to generate individual links for respondents within the platform, so I don’t have to track it manually?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 10 September 2021, 00:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nestor Happy Thursday! Will you be storing the information submitted in the first form anywhere, such as a CRM system or an email service provider? If so, you can pass the data back into the form using hidden fields like this setup here

Thanks Liz - initially I would keep it in Google Sheets until I build out the pipeline in my CRM system. I did read through the hidden fields setup, but not sure how I would connect the 2nd form information to the first (e.g. if the name is the hidden field, whereas email would be the most likely unique identifier). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nestor Ah, got it. This makes it a bit trickier since there isn’t a way to pass information from a Google Sheet into the Typeform with hidden fields automatically. :\

I can’t think of a solution offhand using Google Sheets, but @john.desborough or @Paulo may happen to have an idea. 

Thanks @Liz  - I actually wouldn’t mind using the Results tab in Typeform. It would work something like this - I receive responses to the lead gen form, and then I can “shortlist” some of them and send them a follow-up detail form (each would get their own custom link) and the old results will populate the new results table. Does that make sense?

Thanks so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nestor - in google sheets, create an additional tab or two for your reporting requirements and set them up to pull data from the dump tab (primary tab) you can rename the columns and set up your filters on the data and do something like

• when “submit date” is gt today() - 7, AND status = ‘lead for nurture’ replace send-follow-up with now
    • and copy the record to a third tab for the next step
  • and use add-on like Document Studio to merge the record data into an email based on the new record being copied onto the tab to send out the email to the client. cc’ing you.. 

just a thought or two