Answered

How I can recover the rank of the person answering in a quizz ?

• 14 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, 
I will launch a quizz, and i would like after to send them an email with:
“Thank you for your answer, you are the 154 person to have answered !! ….”
Is it possible to recover the variable and put in Mailchimp for example ?
Thank you for your help

Ceneri

icon

Best answer by mathio 18 October 2022, 10:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ceneri Happy Monday! This is an interesting question. We don’t have this feature natively, but @john.desborough or @mathio do either of you have any ideas for workarounds? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - not sure if it is available BUT if you have a Welcome Screen in your form, you can show the Number of Submissions to date on the form. If that is available at load of the typeform, what would it take for the Product team to make that number available to capture as a variable and use logic rules to add 1 .. 

that may not give you the perfect number cuz someone else could also be doing the form at the same time but it would be ‘approximate’

if you connected to a Google sheet, for example, you can have a column that would store the ‘submission number’ ie a running total that is using a formula to add one to the value in the row above for each submission. (would need to put in place using arrayformula()...) 

you could then use something like Document Studio to generate and send the custom email out to the user with the field values in the body. And  you can attach a pdf report (would need to use a merge doc in either Docs or Slides to create) 

just thoughts

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I dont think this is possible using built-in respondent notifications.

But maybe you could build such feature yourself:

1. setup a Webhook for your typeform
  2. in your webhooks script fetch number of submissions via Responses API
  3. pass the value to custom / 3rd party service to send an email