Member tips

How to use Typeform to improve 'something' day by day

How to use Typeform to improve 'something' day by day
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I started ‘tracking’ my daily activities a while back as I was trying to ‘get better’ at making typeforms and writing email sequences, as part of quiz funnels. 

I admit I was WAAAAY to detailed in tracking stuff. So I opted to try and find the 80/20 way to track stuff that worked for me. 

You should check out August Bradley’s blog and YouTube channel. He is an absolute wizard at creating systems for productivity and efficiency in your life.

In this article, he outlines The #1 Thing You Need to Track

At the end of each day, rate your day 1 through 10, with 5 being normal or average. Anything above five is better than average. And below five, things didn't quite go as you had hoped or as you would like things to go.

That's it, with one small addition.

For anything above five or below five, add a note. Why was it better than average? What made it better than average? What did you do? What went well if it was better than average?

If it was below average, what went wrong? What could you have done better? What was the problem?

Learning from my daily activities is my way to consistently improve my life. I want to extract, learn, and figure out ways to do better, bit by bit, each day. We talk about that 1% improvement every day — this is how I do it. 

(yeah … I use a Typeform along with a calendar prompt to remind me at the end of every day) 

Feel free to give it a try if you want.. the form will be open until Nov 25th 2022. 

cheers

des

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Simple, but powerful use case @john.desborough!

Care to share any takeaways about what makes your day > 5? Inquiring minds want to know 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

lol.. @andrew_videoask - why getting someone to look at and comment on one of these little tools I use for my self is  perfect example of what makes the day 5+ lol 

things like:

• ending the day with less on the to-do list than at the day’s dawning
  • finding unexpected $$ showing up in the bank account 
  • getting a random call from family and friends 

that sort of stuff .. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

lol.. @andrew_videoask - i responded but got the ‘needs review by moderators’  banner

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Now I’m really intrigued! Hopefully the powers that be accept your response 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

i hope so @andrew_videoask … never really expect to have that happen so i don’t save a copy of the posts, the way i save copies of my typeforms (old habits die hard!!) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

lol.. @andrew_videoask - why getting someone to look at and comment on one of these little tools I use for my self is  perfect example of what makes the day 5+ lol 

things like:

• ending the day with less on the to-do list than at the day’s dawning
  • finding unexpected $$ showing up in the bank account 
  • getting a random call from family and friends 

that sort of stuff .. 

des

@john.desborough No idea why this got flagged for moderating 😂 maybe it was the dollar signs?! 

Need to give this a try at the end of the day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks @Grace - yeah i could not figure it out.. i will keep an eye on other posts to see if that happens again.. 

cheers and again, thanks

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough I too like finding unexpected money in my bank account! 

My account and routing numbers are… 😉😂

Thanks for sharing, John! Great insights.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough My reply to you is also under review. Stay tuned! 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough I too like finding unexpected money in my bank account! 

My account and routing numbers are… 😉😂

Thanks for sharing, John! Great insights.

Oh my gosh 🤣 just causing trouble you two! @andrew_videoask @john.desborough 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for being the messenger, @Grace! 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough My reply to you is also under review. Stay tuned! 😂

maybe it was the ‘reference’ to the b a n k ??? 

@andrew_videoask - i mean when the government deposits 163 dollars into the piggybank and you did not see it coming, that’s a goo thing, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just gave this a go @john.desborough 

I can definitely see the value in tracking “what went well” at the end of each day. Sometimes working remotely I forget how much I value face to face time, my day was definitely improved by having a laugh during our team meeting!

I’ve been gifted diaries in the past that try to do similar things but I found them hard to keep up with, I think the simplicity of this (and the fact that I could customize it) would make me more inclined to continue.

Plus, you could totally create a VideoAsk version! 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - have you seen me mug????? no way i am doing that to me in a VideoAsk.. lol.. it would be plain scary lol. 

seriously though, a VideoAsk version would be ok .. the only thing i like about the typeform version is that i can create a pdf sent back to me easily out of Google Sheets/Document Studio after each submission and/or a monthly digest pdf to flip through.. if i was up for that .. 

(maybe VideoAsk will gift a brand plan to yours truly to give all these ideas a test out lol.. - hey, if you don’t ask, you never get a ‘yes’)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha @john.desborough you don’t have to use your face in the video! And you could reply to the questions via text or audio if you didn’t fancy leaving yourself a video message (which I’ll admit might be a bit too much for me too!) 

I reckon you could easily set this up with the Google Sheets integration, wouldn’t you agree @andrew_videoask ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

will have to check that out @Grace - though it will be beginning of Dec before i can start to play with it.. need to put paid to a number of projects between now and then before i start to play around with something shiny lol