Answered

Implement a Typeform Popup into Wordpress Menu

• 27 October 2021
  • 10 replies

hello :)

I would like to put a responsive typeform popup which I can use as link in my wordpress menu.

Can anyone explain me how to do so?

best wishes

Christine

icon

Best answer by mathio 1 November 2021, 09:15

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cschuler Happy Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by the community. Adding a popup to your Wordpress menu involves custom coding a button in the menu and custom coding the popup, which sadly we don’t have an out-of-box solution for. 

@mathio possibly has an example of this, but building this will largely depend on how you’ve already built your Wordpress site. :\

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, you can build a button or link to open your popup in the share page and then put the embed code into your page where you want to display the button or link. If you need more complex functionality please see our embed lib docs on how to build a custom popup.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello,
I am also intersted in this one, I want Wordpress Menu Button to launch a Typeform pop-up. Custom coding is fine, but some help is needed.

Wordpress Menu item is li element, and link is in a href attribute as indicated.

<li id="menu-item-37" 
class="menu-singup menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-37"
data-tf-popup="Vxs1VOeK"
data-tf-hide-header=""
data-tf-transitive-search-params="utm_source, utm_medium,utm_campaign,utm_term,utm_content" data-tf-iframe-props="title=Dermatologo konsultacija internetu - iDerma"
data-tf-medium="snippet">

<a href="https://form.typeform.com/to/Vxs1VOeK">Pradėti konsultaciją</a></li>

I have managed to add typform attributes to li element via Jquery, but it somewhat doesnt trigger launch of typform embed. Can anyone point any other solutions, how to make this li element to launch embed? Or it only can be a button that launches embed?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@cschuler 

We have found a solution to this problem, it simply requres you to add custom code in DIVI - Theme options - Integration - Add code to the < head > of your blog

Our menu button which should trigger the Embed has id #menu-item-37

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//embed.typeform.com/next/css/popup.css" />
<script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>
<script>
jQuery(function($){
$('#menu-item-37 a').click(function (e) {
e.preventDefault();
var popup = window.tf.createPopup('sxmSCYSc', {
hideHeaders: true,
transitiveSearchParams: ['utm_source', 'utm_medium', 'utm_campaign', 'utm_term', 'utm_content'],
iframeProps: {
title: 'Dermatologo konsultacija internetu - iDerma'
},
medium: 'snippet',
hidden: 'utm_source,utm_medium,utm_campaign,utm_term,utm_content'
});
popup.toggle();
});
});
</script>

Hope this helps, 

Good luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks so much, @ValdemarQ !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ValdemarQ - gold mine! thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The only thing I noticed, that unfortunately hidden params are not working in this solution, not clear why, working with developers to find out the possible reasons.

hidden: 'utm_source,utm_medium,utm_campaign,utm_term,utm_content'

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Some adjustment was needed, here it is:

jQuery(function($){

$('#menu-item-37 a').click(function (e) {
e.preventDefault();
var popup = window.tf.createPopup('sxmSCYSc', {
hideHeaders: true,
transitiveSearchParams: ['utm_source', 'utm_medium', 'utm_campaign', 'utm_term', 'utm_content', 'city'],
iframeProps: {
title: 'Dermatologo konsultacija internetu - iDerma'
},
medium: 'snippet',
hidden: {
utm_source: '',
utm_medium: '',
utm_campaign: '',
utm_term: '',
utm_content: '',
city: ''
}