Answered

Privacy of Forms Created

• 7 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Are forms created private (want to make sure that they are not accessible to those not sent to)? Thank you.  

icon

Best answer by Mariana 8 February 2021, 12:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @AAM5. Thanks for joining our Community! 🎉

The form itself is not private. This means that any person who has/finds the Typeform URL can access it. However, if you don't share it publicly, most likely it won't be accessed for other people. 

If you allow indexing, search engines like Google will be allowed to index your typeform so it will appear in search results. If the option is disabled (which is the default setting) it will add a ‘noindex’ meta tag in the typeform’s HTML code and ensure that search engines don’t index the page. Therefore, it will not appear in search results. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any concerns. =) 

Hey @AAM5. Thanks for joining our Community! 🎉

The form itself is not private. This means that any person who has/finds the Typeform URL can access it. However, if you don't share it publicly, most likely it won't be accessed for other people. 

If you allow indexing, search engines like Google will be allowed to index your typeform so it will appear in search results. If the option is disabled (which is the default setting) it will add a ‘noindex’ meta tag in the typeform’s HTML code and ensure that search engines don’t index the page. Therefore, it will not appear in search results. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any concerns. =) 

Is there any future feature planned for this? It would be great if it was possible to share the form to certain number of people

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @daniel_ We don’t currently have this in our roadmap, but one suggestion in addition to the one above would be to embed the form on your website. Then, you can password lock the page or only show it to relevant folks.