Reasons why you may not be able to publish your form

Reasons why you may not be able to publish your form
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello Community! 

I'm writing today to offer some clarity about the possible reasons why you may not be able to publish your form. 

When you get an error message while trying to publish your form, it often means that you're using a feature that isn't included in your current plan. The message would look similar to this one: 

The solution is simple enough: if you remove that specific feature or upgrade to a plan that includes it, then you'll be able to publish the form! :) 

The good news is that Typeform will always tell you the reason and the feature that stops you from publishing your form. In case you're still unclear, see below a bit more detail about these:

Unlimited questions 

The free plan offers 10 questions per form. However, the ending and statements count as questions so make sure you count them too. If this is the case, remove the additional questions and you'll be able to publish your form. :) 

Remove branding 

The option to remove Typeform Branding is available for Plus plans and higher only. If you're on a different plan, this wouldn't be available for you. 

Respondent notifications / Payment question  / Redirect on Thank You Screen

These features are available for paid plans. Free plans wouldn't be able to use them. 

We hope this is clear but if you still have questions, feel free to post here and we'll be happy to help. 🤩

36 replies

Badge +5

Really useful! This will help lots of folks who are experiencing this! Bravo 

Hi @Mariana, I’m sorry but I don’t have this unfortunately: “The good news is that Typeform will always tell you the reason and the feature that stops you from publishing your form. “

As you can see below, there is no way to identify what feature should be removed in order to publish the form.

Can you help? Thanks a lot!

Also the interface changed recently so the help center videos and articles cannot help anymore unfortunately.

I looked everywhere but I really don’t see anything that I added to be an extra feature.

I have a 4-question form without anything special.

Please let me know, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Armelle would you mind sending a screenshot of your form in the builder so we can see the questions you have? Additionally, do you have any features such as redirect or brand removal on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

VERY helpful, @Mariana ! Thanks for sharing the details behind these frequently asked questions (that I see anyway haha).

Hi @Liz it was actually the thank you page that I had changed a bit (changed the text) and keeping the standard one made it all good! Thanks a lot for your prompt support :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, that makes sense! Glad you were able to figure it out, @Armelle . Let us know if you have any other questions!

Hi there, I have the same issue… thank you page didn’t do the trick. Any other ideas… It doesn’t specify use of any features just like Armelle’s experience. I have checked everything multiple times over… and yet still doesn’t publish!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there, I have the same issue… thank you page didn’t do the trick. Any other ideas… It doesn’t specify use of any features just like Armelle’s experience. I have checked everything multiple times over… and yet still doesn’t publish!

Hi @Wtsang ,

Do you have logic jumps and/or calculations setup? If you could share a screen shot or use case with us, that would be great! 

thank you! In the end Typeform support offered the following instructions: 

•  the free plan only allows for a basic form with up to 10 questions, no logic jumps or thank you screens and no other paid plan features (calculator, branding, scheduled closing etc).
  • If you have a Thank You Screen on it, delete it and retry to publish again.
  • If it still doesn't work, try making a duplicate copy and publish the duplicate: How to duplicate a typeform

Although the default form has a “Thank you” Page, you have to DELETE it altogether. Although, the blank new form includes a thank you page by default, this page qualifies as a premium feature!  Important to know!! Would be helpful to have this in the FAQ for others to reference :)

Badge +5

Good point @Wtsang 

CC @Mariana 👆

Hi, they published mine when i had 10 questions but only 3 questions got published . any ideas why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @zzzz thanks for stopping by! I’ve responded to your thread. :grinning:

Hi, i have already upgraded my account but i can’t publish anymore a typeform designed maybe 2 years ago. I have already published it several times without any problems, but now i can’t.  

I have this message when clicking on the publish button :

And when i click on Update my typeform, nothing happens. Another click on the publish button come back each time to this message. 
What can i do ?

I am the only member of my account, so it’s not possible that someone else made changes to my typeform.

Thank you for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Triagoz I’ve replied to the post in the thread you created. :grinning:

Hi @Liz , I am on a Plus plan, but still I am facing the below issue in just one of the many Typeforms I have: This doesnt resolve even on refresh. Pls suggest what to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Silky Agarwal I’d suggest contacting our support team directly, as they can look in the backend to see what the error means. You can contact them from your account email here

Hi @Liz , I am on a Plus plan, but still I am facing the below issue in just one of the many Typeforms I have: This doesnt resolve even on refresh. Pls suggest what to do.

I’ve just upgraded for TypeForm Plus and also having same problem here… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dulio It looks like we’re missing your comment. Do you mind sharing what we can help you with? 😀

Hello Community! 

I'm writing today to offer some clarity about the possible reasons why you may not be able to publish your form. 

When you get an error message while trying to publish your form, it often means that you're using a feature that isn't included in your current plan. The message would look similar to this one: 

The solution is simple enough: if you remove that specific feature or upgrade to a plan that includes it, then you'll be able to publish the form! :) 

The good news is that Typeform will always tell you the reason and the feature that stops you from publishing your form. In case you're still unclear, see below a bit more detail about these:

Unlimited questions 

The free plan offers 10 questions per form. However, the ending and statements count as questions so make sure you count them too. If this is the case, remove the additional questions and you'll be able to publish your form. :) 

Remove branding 

The option to remove Typeform Branding is available for Plus plans and higher only. If you're on a different plan, this wouldn't be available for you. 

Respondent notifications / Payment question  / Redirect on Thank You Screen

These features are available for paid plans. Free plans wouldn't be able to use them. 

For more details about this topic, visit this Help Center article

We hope this is clear but if you still have questions, feel free to post here and we'll be happy to help. 🤩

But in the features section of all the plans it is mentioned that “ Multiple endings “ are included in the free plan. The limit of 10 questions is mentioned separately.

So considering the endings while counting the no. of questions is ILLOGICAL.

You can check here in the image.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ladoo Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback. Are you receiving an error when trying to publish a form with multiple endings?

You’ve said : The good news is that Typeform will always tell you the reason and the feature that stops you from publishing your form.”

But this is not correct. I’m getting a generic  "Your Typeform uses one or more features not available in your plan"

it’s extremely frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can you send us a screenshot of the message you're getting? @MacG 

Hi! I paid for Basic plan (over 24h ago) because the free version didn’t allow me to publish. It still doesn’t. I have made a copy of my questionaire, didn’t work. I have tried to take off the branding button (it’s on), but without luck (it doesn’t allow me to put it off). There is nothing but basic questions and multiple answer pages on my 8 page questionaire and it doesn’t allow me to publish. I can’t understand that everybody has the same issue and you can’t make this simple service work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @minnanews are you receiving an error when trying to turn off the branding? Could you send a screenshot? 

I can’t get a screenshot because i’m on my laptop. But the remove branding tap is on (green). And I read from here it should not be on. I can’t put it off, because it then goes to a page that forces to buy a more expensive membership. It’s the only thing that I can check. I’ve spent hours yesterday and today to try to figure out why this questionaire which was once published for free can’t be published now even though I’m a paying customer.