Question

Redirect button or after ending doesnt work when embeded

HI,

I have seen a few similar posts, but none quite the same or helped me solve the issues.

I have a simple survey that leads to an ending and has embedded this into my wix site. The survey works fine, but the redirect URL link I have set doesn't do anything when I get to the end.

When I test the survey through the Typeform site, it works perfectly and redirects. Just when embedded, it doesn't work anything happens when you click the button. 

The same applies if I auto-redirect with no button. It doesn't go to the URL. It just stays on the survey. Below is the URL I want to send the leads to after clicking the button on my ending

https://www.alchemyblueprints.com/my-story

I have a plus plan 

Thanks 

Dan

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Krasy23 Can you share the URL where you have the form embedded so we can test this? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Krasy23! How are you doing today? 

Make sure to send us the URL where you have your form embedded so we can take a look at it and try to help you. Looking forward to hearing back from you! 😊

Was there ever a solution to this problem. I see to be having the same issue with my Ending Button embedded in my Wix Site, doesn’t work but from my IG Link tree or directly in Typeform, it does.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dany Spencer I believe Wix has a restriction on redirecting from code, so it may be best to reach out to their support team for further help, if you haven’t already. 

Hello,

figured out the solution - seems to be a bug in the typeform code with the iframe communicating to the main page, but can be bypassed using the following code (this is in react but should work in the standard case as well)

const redirect = () => {

typeof window !== "undefined" ? window.parent.location.href = "https://google.com" : null

}

<Widget id="XXXXX" style={{ width: '100%', height: 500px' }} onEndingButtonClick={redirect} />

Hope this helps someone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @funkydude27 thank you so much for sharing this! This is super helpful. 

I am having this same issue and Where do I insert this code. I tried adding it on to the end but it didn’t work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@joesoto1 @funkydude27 might be able to help you with this!