Answered

Sharing on social: "var:score"

• 4 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I created a quiz, and toggle on the social share option at the end of the quiz. Therefore it can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, etc. And when a user shares his/her result, the score variable as a text is visible. I think it’s not okay.

Let me show you: 

As I googled, I stepped into this thread:

So, I just realized that it cannot be shown an individual user’s result on his/her own social media profile. It’s a pity, and I think it is major hiatus, but as for now, I can only acknowledge it.

But how I can change what is shown in the – for example Facebook – preview? I didn’t find an option for this at the dashboard.

If it cannot be change either, am I think correctly, that the first sentences of the end sequence are shown as a preview? ‘Cause it means, I should place the test result variable a little bit further back, at the end screen’s texts, right?
Let me show you how it is look like now my end screen:

icon

Best answer by jeremielp 5 March 2023, 14:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You could have 10 endings screens, one for each score. By doing this, you can hardcode the score in the text, and it would good if you share on social medias.

When the user replies to the last question, you check the score and redirect him to the corresponding ending screen.

You could have 10 endings screens, one for each score. By doing this, you can hardcode the score in the text, and it would good if you share on social medias.

When the user replies to the last question, you check the score and redirect him to the corresponding ending screen.

Awww, you’re right, that’s a really good (and clever) workaround. Thank you!

I dont completely understand the 10 endings screens workaround.

Will not the share to social icons just share the main link to the quiz, without any text about the individual result, either way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Zipip Andreas In this case, the ten ending screens is specific to their use case here, but you’ll want to follow the steps below to show the results when clicking the social share links: