Question

Sharing - Results, The Quiz, etc

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Everyone :) 

Been digging, searching for an answer on this, but not really finding anything…
What I’m trying to do is:
*Allow the user to share their results, socially, at the end of the quiz (I give a number result)
*Allow the user to share the quiz (if their result sucked haha)

Annnnnnnd it’d be amazing to share via more platforms than FB, Twit and Linked (i’d love to remove Linkedin)

What I’ve found is:
*Typeform only allow users to share the quiz to FB, Twitter & Linkedin
*User can’t share their actual end of quiz result
*User can’t share to any other platforms beyond the forced FB/T/L

Is there a workaround here I’m not finding? 
Kinda seems weird there isn’t more flexibility around social sharing given the value of social currency, especially with quizzes, etc across social media. More so when the monthly cost is pretty decent. 

L

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

As I continue to try and find the answers, I did find that users are able to share their Quiz responses. I found this via > 

The funny thing is, I haven’t been able to get that happening even with the social sharing icons enabled etc. I’ll try it again with an updated published quiz… 

Userlevel 1
Badge

another update…. 
With the social sharing.
For some reason the scores aren’t showing up - see attached, is there code or something I need to amend to make the scores show up? 

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lincolneather thanks for stopping by and apologies for the delay! I’ve been out sick. :( Would you mind sharing some screenshots or a video as to how you’ve setup your form, including your outcomes? That will help us look further into this. Thanks!

@Liz I have the same problem with the social sharing.

When I set the title with score variable(ex. Your score is @score)

and click social sharing button,

the weird text {{var:score}} is shown in social shared post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @HEUM Is this when you’re testing the form? Or on the live version? If you wouldn’t mind sharing the URL of your form so I can test it, that would be great!

Hi! I know this is an older question but I’m experiencing the same problem. Clicking the social sharing buttons does not display the actual score, but only shows the code. This is the link to our public quiz -- would appreciate any suggestions to resolve this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NewsLitProject Our product team has let me know that while it’s possible to share the ending, it isn’t possible to share the score. Hopefully that solves some of the confusion, but if you’re having trouble sharing the ending, please let us know. 

When I click Share results, the image is not of our brand, but just the Typeform logo. How do I change this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Doorstepgardener - if you go to the Share option you can customize the link, and set the logo and text for your quiz

des

Userlevel 1

Hiya - we’re looking at the same problem. We’ve enabled the social share icons, but it’s not displaying the end screen info when the quiz is shared. Is there any resolution? Here’s a link to the quiz and a screenshot of the end screen setup: 

https://3rquu09il05.typeform.com/royalquiz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Joe789 well this was a fun quiz! This is who I got. 😀

Our social icons don’t automatically share the results of the form. 

Instead, you will need to use the workaround here: 

Do you already have this setup? 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Liz! I’ve watched the webinar and it looks like we need to have the logic set up as an outcome quiz to be able to have participants share their results pages - is that right? 

Just a quick question that I’m not sure was answered in the webinar - what happens if someone results in a split answer (e.g. 4 As and 4 Bs; or 3 As, 3 Bs and 2 Cs)? Is there a way we can direct them to a new result, or will it choose one ending over the other? Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joe789 - in an outcome quiz, if there is a tie, it will always go to the ‘first of the series of appropriate endings’ - ie if A and B are tied, then it defaults to A , in the case B and C tied for top spot, it would do to B… 

if you want to be able to break a tie, you will have to go to a quiz where you use Logic and Branching to assign scores to ‘subtotals’ and then once you have have determined if there is a tie, you can either route them to a tie breaker question (or a separate typeform to break the tie via redirect on completion) or use the opportunity to say “hey - based on your answers, we cannot be absolutely if you are a dog or a cat person. Check your email for the next steps to finish off the process” ...as an example of being able to follow up .. 

just my thoughts (and yes i have had to build out a number of quizzes with tie breakers… it ain’t perty given the logic rules but there is a way!)

des