Answered

Can I disable auto cropping for respondent?

• 16 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way for the respondents screen to fit the whole video? It is cropped now but records in 16x9. 

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 23 January 2023, 20:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @yoav attias do you know if your respondents are recording directly using the device/web cam or if they are pre-recording a video and uploading it? 

Userlevel 1

They are using the device/web cam. I would like them to be able to see the entire screen that is being recorded. And I would like to record a full 16x9. But now they can only see the narrow cropped area when they are recording. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @yoav attias it sounds like they might be recording on mobile in portrait mode, does the response come through with black lines either side? 

It could be worth advising people to record in landscape if they’re responding via a mobile 🤔

Userlevel 1

No, they are not recording on the phone. Pls see the two images attached. The first is the recording screen. You can see that the image on the left is not cropped and the respondent’s image on the right is. The image below that is this same video downloaded. You can see that it is not cropped. So the respondent is not able to see the entirety of the frame that is being recorded. Is there anyway to not crop the image while recording?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah I see @yoav attias thanks for the images! 

When you create a step within a videoask you have the option to “fit video” so it doesn’t crop it (as in the first image) but if you’re responding to a videoask, you don’t get that option. 

@andrew_videoask I don’t suppose there’s anyway around this for respondents? 

Userlevel 1

I gather there is no solution to my question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @yoav attias, thanks for your patience while I was out of office.

@Grace is correct. Unfortunately, it’s not currently possible to fit the respondent’s recording interface within the window. However, hopefully this is a functionality we can add in the future! 🤞

I can see why this would be useful both for you, as a creator, and for respondents. There’s definitely a benefit to giving respondents full transparency as to what is being recording within the frame.