Answered

Unable to Send a video ask Via email

Badge

I keep getting an error message  when trying to share via email in the app.

The email that generates has nothing it in and when i go back to the video ask app, it says opps you need to set up your email.  I tried a test email and it just sends a blank email.
I haven't found any instructions anywhere on additional app/email set up . 
the app is up to date. 

is there something I need to set up to make this work in the app? Could you direct me to instructions for sending video ask in the app specifically. 
This is referring to sending a new video ask specifically.. not replying to someone that has responded to. 
replys are working fine. 

icon

Best answer by madein84 25 March 2023, 21:40

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @madein84 welcome to the community 😊

Once you’ve created the videoask you should be able to go to the share panel to retrieve the email “embed” code, are you trying to integrate with your online marketing tool or just sending a one off email at this stage? 

Just in case you haven’t already seen it, we do have this Help Center article which could be useful, but let me know how you’re planning on sending the email and I’m sure we can get to the bottom of this!

Badge

hi @Grace I am trying to send a one off email. 

The instructions you attached are showing desktop instructions. I can send one off emails without any issue from the desktop. 

My issue is specifically with sending an email from the app. When I hit the share via email there is no option to copy an embed code. it just opens up my gmail and the email body is blank. and when I go back to  app it says there is an error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @madein84 in your iOS settings, do you have an email account set up under Mail? I think that’s where the VideoAsk app pulls the default email from so if there’s nothing set up it won’t work. 

Badge

@Grace yes I have email set up on the phone. it's not a new device. 
default email is set to gmail. 
when I hit share via email  in the videoask app the gmail app open up right away. BUt the email body is just blank as I described in the previous posts. 
 is gmail supposed to open up right away or is the option to copy the embed code supposed to show first when I tap the share via email button?  

Badge

@Grace basically I don't see an option to get the embed code when using the app… how do I fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @madein84 if your gmail is connected to your iOS mail it should be working, would you mind getting in touch with our support team here so they can investigate this with you?

Badge

@Grace  I was able to resolve the issue.thanks. I had an email set up on the phone (gmail) and connected in the IOS setting, but there was no email set up in the native iphone mail app because I use the gmail app.

I had to add the email I wanted to use to send the video ask from my phone to the native mail app. this resolved the issue.
videoask now opens the native iphone mail app and the video preview and link are there VS opening a blank gmail email. 

this detail should be added to the instructions or in an FAQ somewhere.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @madein84 Glad to hear you were able to figure it out! I shared this feedback with the Help Center folks. That’s a good note to make - thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @madein84 ! Just wanted to let you know that we’ve updated the help center article with this information! Thanks again for pointing that out. 😀

Badge

@Liz  Thank you for listening AND for taking quick action to update the help article. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@madein84 Don’t thank me, thank the Help Center team and you! Thank YOU for spotting and sharing it! 😀