Answered

Single-choice with OK button

• 7 September 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I don’t know if there already is a way to do this, but what I’d like to do is to not have choice questions automatically go to the next question as soon as I click on an answer. For multi-choice questions, the OK button appears and I have to manually click OK to proceed. For single-choice questions however, as soon as I choose an answer, the form goes to the next question. Is there a way to force my respondents to click OK after they have made their (single) choice? So far the only solution I have found is to make it a multi-choice and hide the hint that multiple options can be selected - however, this can cause problems with my logic jumps.

Best wishes

Edit: If it isn’t clear, I refer to the standard multiple choice question as single-choice and multiple choice questions with “multiple selection” enabled as multi-choice

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 September 2021, 17:50

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @blbrgwrk Happy Tuesday! While it isn’t possible to force the respondent to click the ‘ok’ button, you can setup logic jumps to only show the next question after the respondent has selected an answer using the steps here

Let me know if you run into any issues giving this a try!

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz! Honestly, I don’t mind my respondents being able to see the following question. I would just like to be able to make them confirm their answer in two steps by choosing AND submitting. It’s not that big of a deal in most cases, but I would love to see it as an option in a future update. Keep up the good work, really enjoying Typeform overall!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@blbrgwrk Ah, got it! I can share this feedback with the product team - confirming their answer makes complete sense. If you think of any other suggestions or questions, please let me know!

Hey! 

I already read this thread and I’m supporting this feedback. It would be great to have this “two” steps answer. 

That’s all, thanks

Userlevel 1

I want this, too.  I would like respondent to select a one to ten score, but instead of the survey jumping directly to the next question, I’d like to have them confirm by clicking OK.  This gives them a chance to change their mind if they want to. There is no going back option, so once they pick number, that’s it. 

Please make this a possible option!  Thanks

@blbrgwrk Ah, got it! I can share this feedback with the product team - confirming their answer makes complete sense. If you think of any other suggestions or questions, please let me know!

Just adding my own support to this thread from almost a year ago now - it’s still not possible to let the user confirm their answer in a single choice scenario, the question automatically moves on, and it’s not a great user experience because it can be quite easy to accidentally tap the wrong answer, or one you didn’t intend, and be moved on automatically.

I want this, too.  I would like respondent to select a one to ten score, but instead of the survey jumping directly to the next question, I’d like to have them confirm by clicking OK.  This gives them a chance to change their mind if they want to. There is no going back option, so once they pick number, that’s it. 

Please make this a possible option!  Thanks

Might be a bit late for you at this point, but I found a workaround that works pretty well. If you make the question “multiple selection” with an “exact number” of “1”, this will force the user to click OK before moving on, which is what we want. In messages, you can hide the “choose 1” message from the user by changing the message to a single blank space. This worked pretty well for me in testing, but obviously not as good as an official solution within the software itself.

The risk of a poor user experience (especially if it’s only caused by the occasional user error) in the click-to-confirm scenario you desire, isn’t worth the risk of the poor user experience created for every user if forced to click or tap again merely to confirm the first tap or click. Certainly there are use cases for both approaches. Just wanted to share my .02 on UX objectives. That said, guess what? I have a single-question Typeform that consists of 1 multiple choice question and when the user selects ONE of the available options, a Submit button appears and must be tapped or clicked?!? For any of you who might be able to benefit from this particular use case, check it out. But this is a perfect instance of when, IMHO, I would instead prefer that users are immediately redirected, and don’t have to wait, or take more action. Can anyone provide an explanation of why this is happening with my Typeform, and/or share any tips to troubleshoot this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @vlade I’ve answered your other post. 😀