Answered

WCAG 2.1 Compliance?

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

A previous post on this community has referred to Typeform as being WCAG 2.1, Level AA compliant, but I cannot find an accessibility statement for Typeform on your website. The inclusion of any accessibility checker is a plus, but I work for a local authority, and need to exercise due diligence to establish WCAG 2.1 compliance. Do you have an accessibility statement?

icon

Best answer by Stu Grant 5 February 2024, 17:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @aself That is...a very good question that I don’t know the answer to. Let me see who at Typeform would know and get back to you! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @aself 

Thanks for reaching out. The closest thing we have to an accessibility statement is this page about creating accessible forms. Whilst I appreciate that this is not exactly what you would expect from an accessibility statement we’re always testing Typeforms with assistive technology users to maintain and improve our compliance.

When improving or changing Typeform we work hard to make it usable by all, but we know we’re not perfect and that sometimes issues might appear, but like in any software development if an issue is found, we prioritise it and fix it accordingly. We work with Fable to ensure that any new features or accessibility issues we find are validated by users who rely on assistive technology. 

We chose not to follow the path around VPATs or compliance pdfs because we feel that they only reflect a snapshot of the product at the moment of the review and as a result need constant maintenance and upkeep. We’re always improving and changing our product and so we don’t believe it’s the right way to test typeforms for accessibility.

We also know that accessibility reports can usually take a while (anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks) to be delivered, which makes the process very slow and if you look at our competitors that have this report, they’re usually a few years old and potentially already out of date.