Answered

Advanced forwarding into other typeform to preselect question

• 8 September 2022
  • 8 replies

hello all.

i created a typeform (typeform 1) that needs to split the survey users into two groups, group A with anserwing “yes” will continue in this typeform (no#1), group B with answer “no” will forwarded into another typeform (typeform no#2) where they face another question. based on their answers there again “yes” or “no”, they need to be forwarded again. If answering “yes” i want them to forward back into the typeform no#1, but there right into a special question (question 5) and not want them to start the whole typeform no#1 again.

I know there is a possibility to forward user from one typeform into another with preselect answers by using by using the block references for developers in options menu, but only if the question is multiple choice. The question no.5 in my case is a simple short text question, not multiple choice, so i cant use the possibility of preselect answers/questions cause it seems only working with multiple choice questions!?

https://www.typeform.com/help/a/preselect-answers-through-typeform-links-for-advanced-users-4410202791060/

does anybody know a possibility how to create an URL of typeform 1 that leads directly to a special question of this typeform (question 5) instead of starting the typeform from scratch? so i could use this special URL to direct the people from typeform no#2 into typeform no#1 to the correct question.

i m thankful for any help.

best regards, 

Lutz

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 8 September 2022, 19:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LutzUrban Happy little Friday! The first article you may want to take a peek at is this one, which will walk you through passing information from one form to another. 

Then, you can use logic jumps on the hidden fields to display a question accordingly. 

Hi Liz.

Thanks for your reply, but it doesnt sound like the solution for my problem:

i have a typeform 1 with 8 questions, at the 5th question it will request a decision for “Yes” or “No”, if the user clicks “Yes” she/he is directly forwarded to question 6 on the regular funnel. But if the user clicks “No”, she/he will be forwarded to another typeform (typeform 2). There another Yes-No question is waiting, if she/he clicks “Yes” on this one (typeform 2), i want to forward this person back into the old typeform 1, but not want him to start the whole survey but instead want him continue with question 6 of typeform 1.

For me it sounds like a simple hashtag-parameter which need to be added to the URL via block references for developers. But i couldnt find any parameters for short text typeform questions, only for multiple typeform questions with preselected answers. Does anybody know how the create an URL for that?

so how can i sent somebody from a typeform to another typeform but make him/her start at a later question and not from scratch? I dont need to pass information actually.

Best regards, Lutz

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LutzUrban - this might work for you: 

• in typeform 1 create a hidden variable called v_form2 
  • in typeform 1 create a logic rule for q5 that says something like this “if q5 = no go to ending X” - where ending X is a redirect to typeform 2
  • in typeform 1 logic rules create a rule like the one shown in the image below for the form to evaluate IF the hidden variable has been passed to the form and meets a specific criteria - in the example below if the hidden variable passed into the form (v_form2) is “yes” then it would be set to jump to q6 (from your example) otherwise it will go to the first question
  • in typeform 2 you need to create a variable called v_form2 of type text and set the default to “no”
  • on the yes/no question in typeform 2, you would need to do two things in the logic rules 
    • if the qN = yes then replace v_form2 with ‘yes’ 
    • if qN = yes go to an ending in typeform 2 that redirects the user to typeform 1 BUT has the variable attached to the URL (as a hidden variable being passed into typeform 1) - the syntax would have the following added to the link to typeform 1:    #v_form2=@v_form2  

once you create the hidden variable in Typeform 1 above,  you will see the SHARE link has this syntax at the end: ….com/formname#v_form2=xxxxx

in typeform 2, when you set up the redirect back to typeform 1,  you would use this link and replace the xxxxx string with the variable name selected from the list available when you click the little + sign in the image below

hope that helps

des

Hi @john.desborough .

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it doesnt work or i didnt understand your advices correctly.

The reason why i need to do this redirect between two typeforms is basically just a workaround cause my client dont want to get E-Mail Notfifications for NO-Answer-Funnel which seems not possible if all logics are in one typeform together, cause typeform then has two funnels for which it will sent E-Mail notifications. He just wants to get the YES-Emails. is there a possibility to only sent the YES-cases via Email?

I dont use End Sceen in any of the cases (yes or no), but redirecting them both to different landing pages on the clients website.

best regards, Lutz

Userlevel 1
Badge

@LutzUrban - this might work for you: 

• in typeform 1 create a hidden variable called v_form2 
  • in typeform 1 create a logic rule for q5 that says something like this “if q5 = no go to ending X” - where ending X is a redirect to typeform 2
  • in typeform 1 logic rules create a rule like the one shown in the image below for the form to evaluate IF the hidden variable has been passed to the form and meets a specific criteria - in the example below if the hidden variable passed into the form (v_form2) is “yes” then it would be set to jump to q6 (from your example) otherwise it will go to the first question
  • in typeform 2 you need to create a variable called v_form2 of type text and set the default to “no”
  • on the yes/no question in typeform 2, you would need to do two things in the logic rules 
    • if the qN = yes then replace v_form2 with ‘yes’ 
    • if qN = yes go to an ending in typeform 2 that redirects the user to typeform 1 BUT has the variable attached to the URL (as a hidden variable being passed into typeform 1) - the syntax would have the following added to the link to typeform 1:    #v_form2=@v_form2  

once you create the hidden variable in Typeform 1 above,  you will see the SHARE link has this syntax at the end: ….com/formname#v_form2=xxxxx

in typeform 2, when you set up the redirect back to typeform 1,  you would use this link and replace the xxxxx string with the variable name selected from the list available when you click the little + sign in the image below

hope that helps

des

Hi @john.desborough , could this process be used to redirect users from a first form to a certain page (not the first one) of a second form?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Crlao - probably (always some caveats) if you create a hidden variable in the target form and then use the logic rules at the beginning of the form to say something like this

• if v_hidden = xxxx then go to q4 otherwise go to q1

Userlevel 1
Badge

@john.desborough I will try with this logic, thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @Crlao !