Answered

Can I add {Network ID} to a hidden field?

We have an assessment where we do not want to ask the user for their email address, that takes place on a landing page after they have completed the assessment, but we need some identifier to connect assessment results to the email address collected on our landing page.

The current flow is:

1. User completes typeform with a {name} field
  2. {name} is added to the redirect URL so that on the landing page AFTER typeform we can add {name} to an email collection form
  3. This results in the typeform results, being manually connected to the email form results only by {name} so if there are two “Mary” we will not know which is which so I wanted to add {networkid} as an additional identifier from typeform.

Is this possible? I do not see any way to add {networkid} as a hidden field.

Basically what we’re looking for is a unique identifying code that can be used to merge Typeform results with additional data from other sources. NetworkID seems to be the only thing available that could accomplish this?

icon

Best answer by mathio 16 May 2022, 09:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @dkkent , I think you are not able to generate unique identifiers inside your typeform. However if you have a unique value in your own page (eg. this Network ID you mentioned), you can pass that value to an embedded form via hidden field.

Yep, that’s what we ended up doing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dkkent! So, is the solution provided by mathio working for you?