Answered

Creating Personalized Results Page Based on Typeform Quiz Answers and Results. HALP.

• 22 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi - I’m new to the world of quiz-building and have just completed a mammoth of an assessment in Typeform, using calculations and a ton of variables. The scoring calcs are completed, tested, and validated, but I need visitors to be redirected after submission to a personalized, branded page on our company’s website that 1) provides the final score (FS), 2) provides a table with a breakdown of: the metrics (M), the industry benchmark related to each metric (B), and the score based on how much the metric exceeds or falls short of the benchmark (MS). All of these were set up as variables during the building of the quiz.

The results page also needs to display certain sections providing recommendations for any metric where the respondent’s M fell short of B. So if someone entered a 3 where the benchmark was a 5, there would be a section of text and an image where we detail what they should be doing to get to 5 or beyond. This means the recommendations section of the page will look different for different people. Using the same example, the recommendation won’t change if someone enters a 2 instead of a 3 - anyone failing to meet the benchmark would receive the same general recommendation and a link to more specific information. Those who exceed it would not see that recommendation at all. 

I have no idea how to achieve this and I don’t know how to code, though I do know this is possible to do. Can anyone walk me through how to make this happen? Thanks a million! 

icon

Best answer by jvh 23 May 2023, 10:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @KRA2023 

It sounds to me like you’re looking for the “Redirect to URL” feature where at the end of your form, the user gets redirected to your website. You can add variables to your URL here so that you can then use this data on your page to display scores and relevant content.

Here’s the help page: https://www.typeform.com/help/a/end-screens-and-redirects-360051791392/#h_01G0CFXF21W2EQ8PXKSB4KSC8P

Depending on how many variations there are in your content, you could either create a different webpage for each result option or if there’s too many then you probably will need help from someone who can code.

Hope that helps you get started

Joyce

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KRA2023 Hope you’re having a great week so far! Did the article above help? Let us know if there’s anything else we can answer for you. 

@jvh There are 23 variables total that need to be included in the URL then (11 metrics that the quiz has calculated, 11 scores that correspond to an industry benchmark, and 1 overall score), so there are lots of possibilities when it comes to combinations for results. If I need a coder for this, what should I be asking them to build? I need all of these to get populated on the site, and I need recommendations to appear on the page for each metric if the score associated with that metric is negative. 

Can you also tell me how I should go about the redirect links with this info in mind? Thanks in advance, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @KRA2023 

I would add all those variables to the redirect URL and then ask a coder to create a page that shows content based on the values of those URL parameters.

Hope that helps

Joyce