Date format

• 30 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Sharing wisdom
  • 24 replies

Hello. This morning, I created a form with the date of birth and another one with the arrival date in Spain. In both cases, the date format includes the time. Is it possible to have the option for "date only" and "date and time"? I believe the time option is only relevant for the start and end registration of the form, so if we have only the date without the time, it would be suitable. What do you think?

Ramon

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @olas great to see you back here 😊

Am I right in understanding you want to have the option to ask for just a date but also date and time?

The date question currently only supports date, but we do have a workaround for asking for the time at the end of this Help Center article if that helps? It involves creating a question group and adding two Number questions. 

Let me know if that’s what you had in mind! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Grace, what I think is that the output format (response file) currently always outputs the date and the digits that indicate the time. My proposal is that it only comes out in date format

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Example:
I ask for birthday date:

actual: 1980-02-12T00:00:00.000Z
Proposal: 1980-02-12

Proposal is more easy to export to other app

Thanks for your help!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @olas ok I see, so when exporting the results it would be good to remove the time stamp.

I’m going to pass this onto the product team, I will keep you posted! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@olas  - if you connect the typeform to a Google sheet, for example, you can set the format on the field where the data is being displayed so that you have more control there.. You can also ‘parse’ the date/time combination into separate fields in Sheets. 

just sayin’ that is possible to do and i have set that up in a variety of environments/solutions

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi John. I understand that with an output file adjustments can be made later. I just hope that when I ask for the date of birth in a form, the output file brings me the date and not useless time fields. 
The same for a work start date, for a marriage date where the time field should not appear.
Greetings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@olas - unfortunately for all of us, until they make the change in the product, we will have to use work arounds. 

just sayin’

des