Answered

Error in API due to invalid data type

• 12 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, 

I’m using Power Automate to trigger series of action after receive response from Typeform. However, I got an error as below:

The API 'typeform' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_a_response_is_submitted' of type 'OpenApiConnectionWebhook'. Error details: 'The API operation 'NewResponseWebhook_V2' requires the property 'body/form_response/calculated/score' to be of type 'Integer' but is of type 'Float'.'

Calculated score could be an integer or float. However, the API operation only accept integer. 

Need some advice here. Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by picsoung 14 April 2022, 20:47

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @yingx5536 Welcome to the community! Do you mind sending some screenshots on how you have the automation set up? This might help us see where the error is coming from. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Liz

Here is my automate flow set up:

Screenshot of error message, it happen at step 1. 

From the typeform response, it does capture response calculated score even it is a float number (86.75). But, the error cause the flow to terminate. 

Let me know if you need more information. 

Thanks!

Side note: I love your quote. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @yingx5536 ! @picsoung you don’t happen to know what these errors are leading to by chance? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @yingx5536 
Unfortunately, this looks like this error comes from Power Automate themselves. Looks like they are doing a type check and were not expecting that variables could be decimal.

I would recommend reaching out to their support and raising the question to them directly.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know what they say, @yingx5536 !

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Liz and @picsoung! I’ll reach out to Power Automate support team. 

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @yingx5536! Hope you're having a nice day! Were you able to get in touch with their support team? If yes, can you share more info with us? Thank you! 😉

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Gabi Amaral! I’ve reached out Power Automate support team, they are investigating the issue. I’ll definitely share with you the outcome later. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Amazing, @yingx5536! I hope they can solve it as soon as possible! 😉 Thank you very much and have a great day!