Answered

How can I answer surveys using the Typeform API?

Hello there!

I would like to know if there is an API that allows me to answer surveys? sending the survey information and your responses in JSON format.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Liz 21 July 2021, 22:09

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nani_ana Welcome to the community! Our APIs allow you to create forms and obtain the answers for them, but we don’t have an API that will allow you to answer the form with it. 

Is there any particular use case you’d like to share? We’re all ears! :raising_hand_tone2:

:blush: Thank you very much for the reply @Liz ! I am trying to create a survey in an application built in react, with custom styles, that is, avoiding embedding the survey. I am currently using the typeform API to get the information from the form, including the images, question type, etc. To later acquire the answers and send them back to typeform, since it is something quite custom with respect to the design of the survey; but apparently I could not find in the documentation how to send these answers directly to Typeform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, I see. That’s interesting. Are you trying to send all the answers back into the typeform? If just a few, you could use hidden fields to pass the data back in, as long as you have other questions for the respondent to answer. 

:thinking:  Ok @Liz , but would this imply submitting the responses via the url?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nani_ana That’s correct - you’d still need to submit the form through the Typeform URL. :\

Though, I’ll share this feedback with product. We’ve had a few different requests for this, all for various reasons. :grinning:

Okey! thanks a lot :clap:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem! Let me know if there’s anything else I can answer for you, @nani_ana . :slight_smile:

I have a typeform, but for various reasons I do not want to display this form directly in the backend, but rather the input fields from my software (This has the reason that on the same page things are still calculated).

Is it possible to send this data to the typeform via API? I would need that so that the further actions are triggered directly, such as for example to transmit data to Hubspot etc..

Thanks in advance

Dylan

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dylanryan Welcome to the community! I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Hi! I have a very complicated use case where one of our clients proxies won’t allow any url different than the one of our platform. So I was thinking to collect their data from a regular form, and send it to typeform through an API. But just for that client, the rest would just keep using the typeform embed we normally use. Is there anything we can do about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @motivy I’m afraid not, as we don’t have a solution for something like this at this time. Our of curiosity, do you mind sharing the use case? I’m guessing it’s for security purposes but just wondering so I can pass this along to our product team!