Question

ID number of hidden field not changing

• 11 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

A week ago I got a different ID number each time I filled in the typeform. Now I get the same ID number every time. This is leading to looking at the same results over and over each time the typeform is filled in.  Any idea how to fix it?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Carlos V Welcome to the community! Would you mind sending a screenshot of the IDs that you’re referencing? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick response!

I got this one several times. 

Then it changed to this one. I think it is an old ID but keep getting it also several times 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Carlos V Thanks! It looks like this is data being passed into the form. How are you passing the ID information through the hidden fields? It’s also possible that the same person is submitting the form multiple times. 

Hi @Liz

Yes most of the times I fill it in with the same name. But I did not have that issue before. It also happens when I use a different name that was not used before. 

The ID is put at the end of a URL and the person that fills it in goes to a page on a website and get their respective results. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Carlos V How is the ID being entered into the URL? For example, are you using code on an embed to add it? Or sending it through an email? If the form is embedded and you don’t mind sharing the link, I’m happy to test it out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Carlos V

How did you get on? Do you still need help from us? :blush:  Thanks!