Answered

Logic jumps development

• 19 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, i am trying to built a simple body type calculator form. I have checked the new layout, its nice but there is no addition to logic jumps. For example, we can only chose to jump if the value is equal, greater, lower etc , but there is no option for any simple calculation, for example if answer a minus answer b, is this or greater/lower than that etc. then go to that end. I hoped the developers at least would have added 4 basic calculation to new layouts. Is there anybody else need that kind of development? Is it possible to add this future to the logic jumps? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 23 March 2021, 11:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sedef - this if from a user:

yes it is possible, i use these features all the time in the typeforms that i create. In the new builder, you need to look at the branching and calculations area to do this. see the images below for the location and an example of how you would add values to variables (you can create a set of numeric variables) and use these variables in calculations and logic jumps

it is possible … but it does have some limitations regarding the number of decimal points you can put into your process (ie only 2 so far).

hope this helps point you in the direction you need to go

des

Hi, yes, thank you so much,but i need something like that:

if answer a minus answer b is greater than 1, then do something

here we can not give this condition to do any action.

my conditions are between hip, bust and waist sizes, i need to define the action according to the difference between them, for example if bust size minus hip size is smaller or equal to 1 inch, then you have hourglass body shape, etc.

this is a basic body type calculator, i dont understand why we can not do this simple form here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sedef 

check out this example. 

is it along the lines of what you were thinking of creating?? (i used hourglass, pear and funnel (bust greater than waist which is greater than hips to give examples)

des

Hi, thank you, its a little more complete, every body shape has its own calculation. For example,

for hourglass shape, i need to define below calculations, than the result page will be hourglass page,

Bust-Hip <=1 inch and

Hip-Bust<3.6 inch and

Bust-Waist>=9 inch or Hip-Waist>=10 inch

Another example for Rectangle body shape:

Hip-Bust<3.6 inch and 

Bust-Hip < 3.6 inch and

Bust-Waist<9 inch and

Hip-Waist<10 inch.

and so go on for the other body types.

So i need to start to define the difference first and if its greater or lower than a certain number, it would connect to related body shape page.

I could not find a way to do that. The calculation should be available at the beginning of the logic jump.

Is there any other way?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sedef - my intent was to show you that it is possible and that it took only a few minutes to work out the details on how to do this from a logic perspective: I understand you have more body types to deal with but should be able to be able to work with the typeform tool to be able to put in place all of the thinking to get the routing and pathing that is necessary. not my intent to solve the application for you but point out that it can be done

i have included some screen shots of the logic that i into the demo which you have seen

you can actually set up all the variables you might need at the start - for example v_bust_hip_hourglass=1 and v_bust_waist_Hourglass=3.6

and use those variables in the evaluation calculations

I hope this helps and look forward to seeing what you build out 

des

Hi, this is perfect. Now i understand clearly what to do. You made my day. Thank you, iappreciate your help very much. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi, this is perfect. Now i understand clearly what to do. You made my day. Thank you, iappreciate your help very much. 

glad to have been of service!