Answered

QR Code

• 19 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

This is what I’m looking to do. Wondering if it’s possible:

1. We need to create a form that will be filled out by our event facilitators. This form will need to capture data about the event. (Event name, venue, date, etc)
  2. After submitting the form, an email should be sent to the facilitator containing the information from the form as well as a QR code.
  3. At the event, the facilitator will ask the event participants to scan the QR code, which will take them to some sort of landing page containing another form to capture the email address of the participants.
  4. Once the participants submit the form, en email should be sent to each participants containing a link. The link will take them to a booking form with possible integration with Calendly.
  5. Once this is done, we need to then periodically (monthly) send reports (Google Sheets) to the facilitators containing all the data collected from steps 1-4.

Any suggestions on how this can be done? I’ve looked into Make but I’m not quite sure if its QR code feature will give me the scenario I’m after. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 19 October 2022, 20:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @isabelletmc Happy Wednesday! This is a really great question that I’m not sure we have a solution for. While you can create a QR code outside of Typeform, you probably would want to find a tool like Make that could gather that information from it. 

@Michaela do you know is this is possible in Make? 

or @mathio have you ever seen something like this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This sounds like a really cool project. However I am afraid you will need to build such custom integration yourself or find a developer to build it for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi,

This is what I’m looking to do. Wondering if it’s possible:

1. We need to create a form that will be filled out by our event facilitators. This form will need to capture data about the event. (Event name, venue, date, etc)
  2. After submitting the form, an email should be sent to the facilitator containing the information from the form as well as a QR code.
  3. At the event, the facilitator will ask the event participants to scan the QR code, which will take them to some sort of landing page containing another form to capture the email address of the participants.
  4. Once the participants submit the form, en email should be sent to each participants containing a link. The link will take them to a booking form with possible integration with Calendly.
  5. Once this is done, we need to then periodically (monthly) send reports (Google Sheets) to the facilitators containing all the data collected from steps 1-4.

Any suggestions on how this can be done? I’ve looked into Make but I’m not quite sure if its QR code feature will give me the scenario I’m after. Thank you!

@Liz @mathio @isabelletmc 

this sounds like something that could be done using Google Sheets integration, a qr code generator and a Google Sheet add-on called Document Studio 

• create the form and send the data to google sheet. 
  • create the qr code based on the data submitted (which has the qr code stored at a url
  • use document studio to create the email and send you the email with qr code
    • i used this little test form to create a typeform to take text and put it into a qr code then email me the code.. 
      • for the ‘input some text’ question i put in a url (ie my website) so that i could have the qr code point to a web site - the form will allow text - probably better for a ‘website’ question and not a short text
    • I emailed the details back to me in an email 

and it was able to scan and open my website. 

I also tested it to open a typeform url and that worked as well 

the landing page typeform could have all the details for the participant to fill in including the calendly question. 

you can find out the details on the method i used to get the qr created in this post from the company that created the Document Studio add-on for Google Sheets 

that should do the trick without much difficulty.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough wow, no-code tools and integrations sometimes really blow my mind 🤯

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough wow, no-code tools and integrations sometimes really blow my mind 🤯

just don’t lose your mind.. lol @mathio  - yer the only one of you we have here lol

it does mean that someone has to spend $100/yr on Document Studio.. for what I get out of it, it’s worth 10x that … same with Typeform, as long as we are patient with the entire ecosystem we need to deploy, you can usually find all the tools  you need without having to head over to the APIs and webhooks (which i try to avoid like the plague.. lol)

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Holy! What a great solution, @john.desborough . Let us know how this goes for you, @isabelletmc !