Answered

URL to specific question in form

• 12 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, is there a way to send users to a specific part of the form via URL? Eg. test1.com → starts user on question 1, test2.com → starts user on question 2, and so on.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 July 2022, 18:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @plevs Are you embedding the form on different pages? Or how is the respondent going from those URLs to the form? That’ll help me better answer your question. 😀

Hi Liz! The user will be bouncing forth between an IRL game (piece of physical evidence) then verifying their answer with the typeform.

As of now, the user can progress thru the form no issue. But if they get to checkpoint 2 and, eg use a new phone, or don’t have the form up from before, we’d like to send them directly to the second question instead of having to key in the answers to question 1 again.

Hope that makes sense? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhh, I see. Thanks, @plevs . I would possibly first suggest splitting up the form into a few forms because, if the respondent doesn’t submit their answers, we don’t collect that data. The form will save the answers in the browser, but you can read more about that here

The reason I mention this option is to be sure that they’re getting their data saved as they’re moving along the form. 

Another option would be to set up logic jumps based on hidden field information, but this would require you to be passing the information to and from your webpage (depending on how you have that setup). 

I know this was a whole hodgepodge of ideas, but let me know if any of these sound like they might work!

Thanks, Liz!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Welcome! Let me know how those go for you, @plevs !