Answered

Wrong Answer!

• 30 March 2021
  • 7 replies

I’m looking for a way to identify the questions my test takers got wrong. I do not want to nudge them along with suggestions to go back and look again. I need to be able to tell them after the fact that they got questions 1, 3 and 7 wrong on a 10 question test. Additionally, the results I can see just have the answer, there is no indication as to whether it is answer a. b. or c. ...the test taker sees answer a. b. or c. but the results do not display this. If I type it in with each answer on the test then it shows up as a double a. a., b.b., c.c. for the test taker. 

So to summarize,

I need a way to see which questions were answered incorrectly when I review the test results and

I need to know which answer from the test the student chose; a. b. or c.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 30 March 2021, 05:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Allan H - from a user here.. 

Alllan - did you want to have the right/wrong presented to the user after each question? in a summary at the end? or is this solely for you to be able to grade the test after the fact, once all the results are in?

There are some relatively easy ways to do this if you want to connect the typeform to a Google Sheet and use some of the features and functions there .. 

please advise and we can tailor our responses for you.. 

des

Des,

The test already gets graded. This would be mostly for admin purposes …. I need to be able to look in on test results without retaking the test myself every time to find out which ones they got wrong.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Allan H - i won’t tell you that i just lost about a 10 minute ‘edit’ to the response while you replied in the interim.. lol.. but i did.. the previous response was more elegant and descriptive but i am done for the day. 

here is summary of what i did in this short demo/test: 

• 4 questions, 4 multiple choices
  • for each question, i created a set of variables
    • qN_answer - which of the multiple choice options is the correct answer
    • qN_response - which of the options did the student choose (a=1… d=4) 
    • qN_correct - a 1/0 representing correct/incorrect
  • after the 4 questions i show a summary page and then branch out to one of 5 possible statement pages to show the question details (correct answer, student response, is correct)

all these variables are submitted into the Results tab under Results - you can inspect each answer to see if the qN_correct variable was 0 - that would be a wrong answer. the image below was a result of the little demo explicitly choosing the D responses each time to create 4 incorrect results

not sure if this will address exactly what you need but it was a fun little challenge for the evening. 

des

Nice example. Thank you for taking the time to create that. I will give it a try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Nice example. Thank you for taking the time to create that. I will give it a try.

pleasure mine @Allan H 

let me know if you need a screen shot of how i put the logic into play

Yes a screen shot would be appreciated. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Allan H - ok.. here goes the stream of logic consciousness - i show the setting of the ‘values of the variables’ in q1 (you need to repeat this for each q), then i go through the evaluation of the logic for the response capture and evaluation for the variables, then jump down to the summary page which shows the answers - this is where all the ‘jump to logic’ is located. i show the logic for a) all answers correct and b) for one wrong… you should be able to figure the approach to extend to 2 wrong, 3 wrong and all wrong. 

hope these help.. 

this last image above shows the jump to logic from each of the ‘how many wrong’ pages (the last one did not get into the pic. 

the image below shows the logic map

hope this helps to give you the flavour.. it’s a bit of work to set up the first time (and to test that you have all the correct calculations in there) but once done, is eminently repeatable for many other similar structures. 

enjoy

des