Announcements

📢 Important Announcement: Discontinuation of Chat UI 📢

📢 Important Announcement: Discontinuation of Chat UI 📢

Show first post

60 replies

Hi Typeform Team,

that’s really bad news: It is exactly the chat UI that my visitors love (I use it like a kind of psychological test) and why I have a growing mailing list since I’m using the Typeform chat tool. Without the chat I have to redesign my complete sales funnel entry points. I hope you decide not to remove this function – it’s the only reason why I’m your customer. And as I scroll through the comments, I’m not the only one … :-(

Userlevel 1

@Liz @dokuniev Thanks for your response! Formless looks very interesting, definitely would love early access please, thank you for that offer. Looks like this could work instead, and maybe better! We sell apparel but really we’re more of a science and environmental conservation communication company. We use the apparel as a tool to engage and educate our customers about marine science issues, so much of our work is education focused and we’re always looking for creative ways to do that. We’re launching wholesale very soon and were looking to add QR codes to our hangtags that will direct customers to a chat feature where we can hook them in, further explain the concept of what we do and get their contact for a series of educational post purchase email flows we have set up for our DTC customers (this is in Klaviyo, so we’d be using the Typeform/Klaviyo integration). Our apparel is focused around certain causes, most of which are marine species in need of advocacy and conservation action, so specifically, we were planning to set the chat up as a conversation with each of these species and set them up with quirky personalities to keep people entertained and engaged. Really feel that the chat will have a more engaging and creative feel than a regular form for this particular use, so definitely intrigued to learn more about Formless!

I too am really disappointed to hear this. Like others, I have been recommending Typeform to clients based on the chat form function and have also invested considerable amounts of time in planning out chat form interactions. My first choice would be for the chat form to stick around, second choice, I would appreciate access to formless.ai, but if that turns out to be a new product (AKA yet another subscription), I will not only be disappointed, but consider migrating off of Typeform for good. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here are some thoughts: even though you have found a smaller number of Typeform subscribers used the “CHATBOT” feature and therefore you are sunsetting it - nevertheless - those fewer people that did use it got good to great conversions with it [check your responses to the post where you told people about the sunset].

Therefore my suggestion is : why not keep or “re-create anew” this feature BUT this time with chatGPT integrated so many more people will use it . 

In summary; it appears to me that many just did not use it [didn’t realize the VALUE] but those few that DID use it actually felt the value and saw it via higher conversations! Therefore I want you to think creatively “in reverse” and magnify this tool/feature either “as is” with ChatGPT encoded within or re-designed anew! What do you think?

Userlevel 2
Badge

NEW IDEA: Instead of sunsetting a feature that is getting good results for a minority of Typeform users;

why not magnify this feature now that ChatGPT is here - BUT - learn from LANDBOT dot IO ?

https://landbot.io/blog/how-to-convert-a-landing-page-into-a-chatbot

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ah, this makes sense from your standpoint, but the chat feature is the exact reason why we signed up! 

It works perfectly in our use-case

Sad to hear :(

Your post is great. Write to them. I feel from these posts: a small minority of TYPEFORM users used CHATBOT - but - of those that did, they got great conversions!

This tells me the feature is of value but many others did NOT realize that! And now with ChatGPT here, it can be of higher value! I told Typeform - perhaps you can as well - personally get in touch with powers that be - and I told them:

“NEW IDEA: Instead of sunsetting a feature that is getting good results for a minority of Typeform users;

why not magnify this feature now that ChatGPT is here - BUT - learn from LANDBOT dot IO ?

https://landbot.io/blog/how-to-convert-a-landing-page-into-a-chatbot

@Liz Hi. Chat was the only reason I just signed up for Plus. Very disappointed this is going away. Please provide early access as I need this working for a show in June. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, all! First, thanks for sending all this feedback. I really appreciate it, and I know the product team does too. Reading through all this, they’ve decided to postpone the depreciation of Chat UI until Formless has been released. 

There are more nitty-gritty details of this I still need to get, but in the meantime, I’m compiling a list of everyone here to give early access to Formless (cc @dokuniev ). 

In the meantime, if any of you have specific use-cases for chat that you’d like to share or cases in which chat has been particularly useful for your business, please share them! It may help shape what we do with Formless. 

@Liz Nice to see the product team respond to our concerns. Can you please add me to Formless early access as well. 

It’s a very sad decision for us. We had a lot of data from cat UI….

OH NO!

I had a very important marketing campaigned planned to do with this feature

I can not believe that your are going to deprecate this wonderful feature, please don t do it!!

So bummed! Our team loves Typeform and we were about to use the chat feature to power some of our new quizzes. 

I just signed up for early access to Formless, but I share the sentiment of the majority of the comments here. If there’s any way the team would consider reversing the deprecation of the chat feature, we would be forever grateful. 🙏

Much love, 

Kim

@Liz can you already give an ETA on when formless will be released?
And just to confirm: Until you do release it, the chat feature will remain live and usable?

Thanks!

Agreed with many others on this thread - This is so unfortunate. We evaluated a number of different providers and settled on Typeform’s chatbot as our solution for our website. 

Over the past month and a half we have put a lot of time and consideration into building out a custom chatbot for our website which we had planned to roll out soon. All of that work for nothing is incredibly disheartening. 

Not to mention, we only found out about this feature being removed after reaching out to support about an unrelated technical question

We spent months developing an innovative new Diabetes Prevention Program curriculum experience via chat and you’re just going to sunset next month!? Well, that’s incredibly painful!

Dr. Kevin Pacheco, we share your pain at our company. I’ve worked with dozens of various marketing softwares over my career thus far and have never encountered something like this before. 

Hello, all! First, thanks for sending all this feedback. I really appreciate it, and I know the product team does too. Reading through all this, they’ve decided to postpone the depreciation of Chat UI until Formless has been released. 

There are more nitty-gritty details of this I still need to get, but in the meantime, I’m compiling a list of everyone here to give early access to Formless (cc @dokuniev ). 

In the meantime, if any of you have specific use-cases for chat that you’d like to share or cases in which chat has been particularly useful for your business, please share them! It may help shape what we do with Formless. 

Hello @Liz: thanks for your reaction in this case. We also have over 500 form with Chat UI, because we developed a standard product for our customers. Please give us also a beta test to formless to check how we could adapt our product. Thanks, Andreas

SO DISAPPOINTED!

It really was awesome..

@Liz Thank you all for listening! May i be added to the list for early access also. @dokuniev .

Also, will this be part of typeform or another complete different platform? I hope they keep this under one platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, all! Just a brief update that, while we don’t have an official date for Formless, we do have some additional news coming out soon about Chat UI, so hang tight!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m happy to see that there is such a lively discussion about the topic! I used to use the chat feature as well and am sad to see it will be removed.

The biggest issue I had with it was that customers would not press the submit button and I ended up losing a lot of answers. The second issue was that the mobile version was so overwhelming, I had to disable automatic activation also on desktop because you couldn’t control mobile and desktop individually. Despite the shortcomings, I felt it was useful for collecting quick feedback from visitors and providing FAQ kind of navigation. 

The new formless seems promising! It’s great that you are innovating with AI like this. Really looking forward to trying it our properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@MjP2 Thanks so much for sharing this! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, everyone. Thanks for sharing all of your feedback and thoughts on this. I’ve just posted an update below, which I’d recommend taking a peek at!

Feels like this has something to do with formless to be honest

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BTNGstudio The decision was made before Formless was created, so it really did come down to the usage of chat. 😪

We would love to be part of the formless beta! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@tlefebvre I’ve added you. 😀