Product updates

🗞 January Typeform Product Digest ✨

🗞 January Typeform Product Digest ✨
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12705 replies

New year, new Typeform features! That’s the saying….right? 

Our product team hit the ground running at the start of January with a lot of improvements to existing integrations and features. If you’re just returning to working on your typeforms, many of these features will come in handy for you! And if you’ve worked through the holidays and new year like me, hopefully you’ve already had some time to give each of these a test run in your existing forms. 

Now, onto the new features!

Address Block

Our newest block, the Address Block, allows you to ask all the essential information needed to obtain information about your respondent’s mailing location within the same question. 

Read more about the address block here or check out the video below for a brief walkthrough. 

Accessibility Checker

Creating accessible forms is just as important as having an accessible website, so we’ve made it easier for you to ensure your forms can be completed by all. You’ll find the new accessibility checker in the bottom corner of the form builder. It can help you navigate any changes that need to be made in order for your forms to be accessible. 

Read more about the accessibility here or see a preview of it in the video. 

New Share Page

Your embedding dreams have come true! Our Product team has updated the Share page to make it easier to navigate and added in a plethora of new features for each embed option. 

Read about all the new features here or take a tour in the video. 

Mailchimp V2

Our Mailchimp integration got a nice new year look with four major updates to the integration, including the ability to edit the integration and tag responses (yay!). The integration is more powerful than ever, helping you send better emails to your respondents. 

Read more about it here or preview the changes in the video below. 

And that’s all, folks! January has somehow already come to a close, and we hope these new features have kicked your year off to a great start. 

As always, let us know if you have any feedback or questions in the comments below. 

11 replies

And is the address block now also usable for non-US locations ?

I just joined type form and avoided the address section precisely because it asked for too much info. 
This is a great update. 
Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Patjem and @shanebakerstudios Don’t forget that you can mark fields as not required in the address block if you don’t want your respondent to provide all of them: 

Userlevel 1

I like this update but what I DON’T like is that we still can’t make the non-required fields invisible. For example, I understand that we can make the “Country” field NOT required and that is great, but it still appears on the page which could have a negative impact on someone looking at a long form and thinking “oh no I don’t have time for that” so they instead drop off.

They don’t pay attention to the fact that it is not required and can be skipped - they just see that there are a LOT of fields and immediately get turned off.

It would be better if we could make certain fields INVISIBLE which we can already do for “Contact Info” where I can make the “Company” field INVISIBLE in addition to not being required (see screenshot below).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Totally get it, @Serina97 ! I’ve shared the feedback with the product team. 😀

I like this update but what I DON’T like is that we still can’t make the non-required fields invisible. For example, I understand that we can make the “Country” field NOT required and that is great, but it still appears on the page which could have a negative impact on someone looking at a long form and thinking “oh no I don’t have time for that” so they instead drop off.

They don’t pay attention to the fact that it is not required and can be skipped - they just see that there are a LOT of fields and immediately get turned off.

It would be better if we could make certain fields INVISIBLE which we can already do for “Contact Info” where I can make the “Company” field INVISIBLE in addition to not being required (see screenshot below).

I agree, and how can we set the country default to another country then “United States”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Patjem this feature isn’t available, but I have shared the feedback with the product team. 

This is a great feature, but we are unable to use it because of a small issue. 

We have two address questions in our form. In the responses, the naming we provided is missing, so what happens in that only the generic naming is present, i.e Address Line 1, Address Line 2 etc. This is fine when viewing from the typeform website, because we know the order in which the questions are asked. 

The problem arises when we get these through the api, since the names are same, the values get replaced. Do you have a solution for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Anil Eximpe You could change the references like this: 

@Liz  thanks for the suggestion. I had actually tried that. But the main issue is that even the reference is not being passed. The address field has a main label, description and reference right? And inside it there are various fields. So when the form is submitted, the main label, description and the reference is not passed, rather the label of the various fields inside it is only passed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhh got it, @Anil Eximpe . While we don’t have this feature, I’ll share the feedback with the product team. I don’t think they’ve thought of this use case yet.