Skip to main content
videoask guide

How to fully customize your videoask URL 👀

• 16 November 2022
  • 0 replies
How to fully customize your videoask URL 👀

What do clothes, tattoos, and vanity license plates have in common? They’re all forms of expression. 

One recurring piece of feedback we hear from VideoAsk customers is: “Let me express myself!”

Well, maybe not literally. But expression is at the heart of their request… 💛

The slug and the subdomain 

Right now, when it comes to your videoask URL, you can only customize the subdomain. So instead of videoask.com/xxxxx, your custom URL might look like feedback.pets.com/xxxxx.

But as a videoask creator, you may want more flexibility. For example, you may want your videoask URL to simply be petsfeedback.com or pets.com/feedback.

In this community guide, I’ll teach you how to do exactly that! You’ll learn how to fully customize your videoask’s domain and slug 🎉

(Note: This technique is not a replacement for the Brand plan. You’ll still need a Brand subscription to remove the VideoAsk watermark on your videoasks.)

The tech stack

• VideoAsk (Brand plan)

• Your preferred website builder

📹 Now let’s jump into the video tutorial:

⚠️ Update as of December 16, 2022: The code shown in the video below will not render buttons within the videoask at a proper scale. To fix this, add the following code before the code you pasted from VideoAsk:

<html>

<head>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

</head>

<body>

Then add this code after the code you pasted from VideoAsk:

</body>

</html>

Pretty simple, huh? In a few minutes and with a of couple clicks, you can fully customize your videoask URL. No more messing around with your DNS settings and CNAME records, either.

Keep in mind that this solution isn’t limited to the videoask itself. You can also apply this guide when it comes to embedding individual responses or your entire videoask inbox.

If you have any questions or feedback, please share in the comments below! ⬇️

And remember: If you can dream it, you can do it! Until next time…

Be the first to reply!