Answered

Am I Understanding the Meta Data Tags Correctly?

• 16 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am new to the “survey scene” and trying to understand how to use this best for our use case as a business. We need to send a survey out to customers and somehow be able to tell who we went the survey to.

I imagine that the Meta Data Tags for the URL are the way to do this but I’d like to be sure before committing to a plan. I picture this:

URL for the survey is created. I have to manually (or through a process provided through Typeform) enter an ID for example, so when the survey is returned, I can link that ID back to a list of customers. Something like ID=1 is customer 1, ID=2 is customer 2 etc.

Can someone confirm I am understanding this correctly and if not, is there a feature that allows me to do this?

Nathan

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 March 2022, 17:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NathanTyrenet Welcome to the survey scene! :grinning:

Do you already have the IDs created for the customers? Or do you need the IDs created in Typeform? If it’s the latter, we don’t have this possible in the forms, but there is a Response ID associated with each respondent. 

If you already have the IDs available, you could pass that in from your CRM system to the form, similar to this method here

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NathanTyrenet! Hope you're having a nice day! 

I was wondering if you were able to check my friend Liz' reply above? Were you able to understand a bit better how customized IDs work at Typeform? Also, how to connect this to your CRM system? 

Let us know if you still have any doutbs! 🤗