Answered

Auto Fill Results With Hidden Fields

• 2 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I will be sending my clients a review form with hidden fields, such as name and project number. I would like to create question’s that is ‘Name’ and ‘Project Number’, but I want my clients to not see the question. I need the response though so that I can port that information back into my Project Management software when the results come in.

Worst case scenario is I have a question like this:

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to review our services! What’s your name?
[Type your name here]

icon

Best answer by kabir.mathur 9 February 2022, 20:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jordan P Would you be able to send the information solely through hidden fields? As long as the data is passed into the URL, the responses should record the hidden field data. It isn’t possible to create a question that isn't visible to the respondents, autofilled by hidden fields. Does your CRM require that the data be provided in a question? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I use Monday.com, as of yet, the only way that I have imported information is with the pre-built integration between the two apps. When a form is completed in Typeform, then a row is created in Monday.com. Each question corresponds to a column in Monday.com table. I’m not sure if there is another workaround to achieve this.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hidden Variable is not a supported integration between Monday.com and Typeform. If it were to become a supported column, that would solve my problem as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhh, I see, thanks @Jordan P . @kabir.mathur do you know if there is any workaround for this or plans to support hidden fields in the future? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @kabir.mathur! I would like to see the following integrations made between Monday.com and Typeform to pour gasoline on the integration, and drastically improve my ability to use Typeform.

Variables, Hidden Variables
Date

Time (HH:MM)

Address

Files

Dropdowns (only works one of the two ways boards can be connected)

If there is a workaround that I am not aware of (such as porting over the form into a Google Sheet, and then porting it into Monday.com), I would greatly appreciate your help putting this together. Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Jordan P. Thanks a lot for this feedback.

The Monday.com integration was built by the Monday team a few years ago and we do recognize that it lacks some basic functionality like the field mapping requirements that you’ve called out. The good news is that we’re working on discussing an improvement plan with the Monday team at the moment.

In the meantime, the best workaround is to use a worfklow automation tool like Zapier or Intergromat to connect the 2 tools to one another. I hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'm just tagging @Michaela here because she may be able to help you to understand how you could use Integromat to connect two tools to one another! Hope it helps! :wink:@Jordan P