Answered

Connect to different Google Sheet depending on answer

• 12 June 2021
  • 4 replies

What is the easiest way to connect to different Google Sheets based on the answer to a question? I already know how to connect to a single sheet. But if the answer to a question is A, I want to connect the results to Sheet A, B to B, etc.

icon

Best answer by Michaela 15 June 2021, 13:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @505IG thanks for stopping by the community! Happy Monday. :grinning:

While this isn’t possible with our native integration, you could use something like Zapier or Integromat to filter the answers and send them to different sheets accordingly. 

For example, if you’re setting this up in Zapier, you’d create a different zap for each sheet, and in the zap itself, you’d use the filter option like below to only send the responses to the corresponding sheet if they match the specific answer. 

I think you can also do this in Integromat, too, but @Michaela might have some more knowledge on this. 

Would this work for you? :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @505IG , welcome to this beautiful community! This sure can easily be achieved with Integromat, thanks @Liz for tagging me :blush:

Soooo, a hypothetical situation:
I have a form where I’m asking whether this is a pipe or not and I want to collect the names of people who answered ‘Yes/No’ into matching tabs of a Google Sheets spreadsheet. 

The questions I’m asking in the form are

1. Is this a pipe?
  2. What shall we call you? 

Let’s jump to the automation bit:

1. In Integromat, choose the ‘Watch Responses’ Typeform module and
  • create a connection between your Typeform account and Integromat
  •  set the maximum number of items to be processed in one run
  • select the form you want to monitor
  • in the ‘Fields’ section, add the Typeform fields you want to grab the information from 
  • mark ‘Yes’ in order to only monitor forms that have been completed 
  1. Add a router that will allow you to send different data to different pathways 
  1. Add (in my case two) ‘Add a Row’ Google Sheets modules. For each of them,
  • create a connection between your Google account and Integromat
  • select the spreadsheet you want add the info to 
  • select the specific sheet within the spreadsheet you want to add the info to (for me it’s the ‘yes’/’no’ tab in the ‘Is this a pipe?’ spreadsheet)
  • my table contains headers, specifically ‘Name’ and ‘Date’; in order to instruct Integromat on which data to add to the table, I need to map the relevant values from the Typeform module
  1. Finally, it’s time to set some conditional logic so that your data gets collected to the places where you want it. In order to set up the filters
  • click the wrench symbol between the router and the Google Sheets module
  • label the filter (for me that’s Pipe - yes/ Pipe - no) 
  • set the condition to ‘When the answer to ‘Is this a pipe?’ equals to ‘Yes’/’No’
  1. Click the clock on the Typeform module to schedule the automation to run whenever you need it to. 
  1. Don’t forget to slide the scheduling button to the ‘on’ position to activate the scenario

After the form has been submitted:

And that’s it! :nerd:

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michaela - sweet !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Michaela