Answered

Creating an automated report /pdf to be shown to the user on the webpage

• 8 March 2024
  • 8 replies

We’d like to use Typeform to conduct comprehensive screening/personality tests and then provide the users with comprehensive report based on their answers. This includes different wordings based on their scores, graphs, and so on.  

I want the respondent to get a PDF of this report on the webpage itself or any equivalent so they can be kept anonymous. Meaning - So they do not need to provide an email address.

Is there anyway of doing that? 

icon

Best answer by picsoung 12 March 2024, 17:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh this is an interesting request, @amitbaumel . @john.desborough hosted a great webinar about creating these customized PDFs below. Des - do you know if it’s possible to embed those customized forms on a webpage? 

Yes, I saw this valuable webinar - which does not solve the need to have it done in-house on the webpage, which is something users are accustomed to having, and also does not require their email address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@amitbaumel - typeform does not have the native tools to do this (ie including the graphs and converting to pdf) - you will need to use some something like in the webinar above or outlined in this post here in the Community

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Another community member @Baptiste Jacquemet built a similar workflow 
He documented it a blog post over here 
and in the community 

Using a similar flow, you should be able to redirect your respondent at the end of the typeform to a URL that will trigger flow and eventually redirect to the generated PDF.

Depending on how much data you need to generate this report, you can also redirect to a URL passing answers to question in query parameter and render the report live in a web page
https://mywebsite.com?age={answer to age question}&got_a_car={answer to got a car question}

Finally, you can rely on tools like docmaker.co from @Elian -docmaker.co to generate PDFs and replace placeholders.

Userlevel 2

Interesting. As mentioned above, you could use an automation to build the PDF.

The workflow runs in about 11-15 seconds. You could imagine running the workflow while showing a loading screen to the user and provide a download URL or display the embedded PDF in the end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I saw this site today.. follow through to the end and they generate the output using Looker.. 

@Baptiste Jacquemet I am not clear on how you integrate from quickchart to the google slides. Would you mind giving more info on how you did this? I read the blog and am lost there 

Userlevel 2

@Baptiste Jacquemet I am not clear on how you integrate from quickchart to the google slides. Would you mind giving more info on how you did this? I read the blog and am lost there 

Sure. In my example, I’ve uses google docs, but, from what I recall, Google slides is quite similar.

Using the Quickchart API, you can generate an image containing your data. Have you reached this part?

Then, the Google Slide node in Make lets you replace either a text variable (e.g {{graph}} or an image (you need to get the objectID to replace) with the image generated with the quickchart node (a URL)

See screenshots below. Does it make more sense?