Skip to main content

I have built a survey for a client with 12 different custom variables, each with its own points/values assigned through logic (vs. scoring). Each answer was given points toward specific variables. 

Agree = 5
Slightly Agree = 4
Neutral = 3
Slightly Disagree = 2
Disagree = 1

(Some questions add scores to multiple variables.)

I’d like to total the variable results for a report without showing them to the survey user/taker. Is that possible?

BONUS QUESTION!

Some questions are framed in the negative, so they subtract from the total, and not every variable has the same number of questions. In order to score on an equal scale, is there any way to start each variable with a different base score? Because each variable has a different amount of questions, and some add to while others subtract … but I need each variable to base on the same total number (50) … can I have one variable’s starting value = 0, while another variable’s starting value = 4?

Maybe asking too much; maybe already asked elsewhere … I’m new here, so I’m still learning. Thanks for the help!

@LeadingHealthy - yup. just set the default value of the variable to the value that you want. 

from there, you can do the calcs you want to do. 

and you don’t have to show the values if you don’t want to - if you want to have just a total value of the score, simply add the values to the total variable at the end … 

make sense??

des

Just found the setup before you sent the reply. Thanks @john.desborough! I’ve seen many of your posts throughout the threads; thanks for always being there to help!

Glad you found it.. and thank you for the kind words.. 

des