Answered

Download partial survey responses?

• 25 September 2021
  • 10 replies

I would like to download partial responses but it looks like i can only download full survey responses? 

icon

Best answer by Paulo 27 September 2021, 01:49

View original

10 replies

Hi @barebrick! Welcome to the community from another user!

Typeform only collect responses when the respondents submit the form, so we can’t download (or even view) partial responses.

That said, there’s one workaround that might help. You can break the form in two, and pass the answers from the first form to the second using hidden fields. You can use the redirecting on complection function to “bond” the two forms, so for the respondents it would feel like one form. Since the first form must to be submitted in order to get to the second form, you get to download the partial responses (the first form).

Here some articles to get you started in both functions:

https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052676612-How-to-use-Hidden-Fields

https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052379771-Redirect-on-completion-

I hope it helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Great news, @barebrick — you can track & view partially complete Typeform responses in <90 sec (using some third-party software):

Simply copy & paste this tracking code into Google Tag Manager, add GTM to your Typeform, and you’re all set!

Now you can recover partial entries & abandoned forms from Typeform in just a few clicks :)

Typeform also saves incomplete responses in the browser by default, so returning users can pick up where they left off. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @insiteful Thanks for sharing this! It looks like the solution can only capture the email address. Is this correct? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz Thanks for checking out! I’ve replied below for your convenience—

It looks like the solution can only capture the email address. Is this correct?

Sorry for the confusion — no, Insiteful tracks all partial entries from your forms: it also notifies you immediately via email anytime an email or phone lead is captured from these partial entries.

You can view a feed of all the partial form Entries, as seen below:

Entries with phone or email contact data will be saved as Leads:

Hope this is helpful; please don’t hesitate to share any other questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @insiteful I wasn’t able to view the images. :( If you don’t mind uploading them again, that would be great!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz, thanks for the heads up (just updated)! No worries — the same images are available here on the official documentation page for Typeform partial entry tracking with Insiteful (insiteful.co/help/form-tracking/typeform).

I’ve also copied the URL’s below for your convenience :)

Please feel free to share any other questions I can help with!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @insiteful ! I’m only seeing name/email on these links. Do you have a video demo you can send us showing how your product collects partial information besides the name/email, such as other questions on the form? This will be really helpful for anyone looking to use your service!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz sure thing! Here’s a brief (50-sec) video demo demonstrating our partial entry tracking for Typeform:

In the forms from the example images the only fields were name & email, but as you can see above, Insiteful is capable of tracking all partial form entries. Hope this helps!

In the short video above, you'll see a few of Insiteful's key features in-action:

• 0:15 - Real-time abandoned form notifications (via email)
  • 0:20 - Lead recovery
  • 0:29 - Partial form entry tracking
  • 0:36 - Custom form field mapping (docs)

Anyone can follow these instructions to set this up in less than 90 sec!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

thank you, @insiteful ! Very handy!!

I would like to download partial responses but it looks like i can only download full survey responses? 

Hey @Paulo ,

I’m following your recommendations - very useful, thanks! - but I’m stuck on how to recover the answer from the first survey. Despite I have used hidden fields before I was wondering how do you suggest using it in this case. So I created 2 different surveys, first one redirects to second one but I would like to import the responses from the first survey to second one. I was thinking of using a user identifier that I’ll import to both surveys but I was wondering if there is any other approach.

Thanks