Answered

email notifications to asana project

• 17 September 2022
  • 7 replies

I’m trying to set up email notifications to Asana project and have noticed that it doesn’t work with the email structure Asana gives their projects: x+1212538680959022@mail.asana.com - it looks like the “+” in the email prefix (this is standard prefix rule at Asana). Can anyone confirm the issue? My form works with any ordinary email but not the ones generated by Asana projects. I don’t know how to get it work.

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 September 2022, 17:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nzbtx Happy Monday! Do you mind confirming whether you are using the Asana integration or setting up self notifications? Thanks!

Hi @Liz, this is for self notifications.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @nzbtx ! I just gave this a test with my email, adding the +1, and I was able to receive the notification: 

If you’re still not receiving the information in Asana, it may be worth reaching out to their team to see if the email is being blocked. 

I can manually send messages to the asana project (from multiple systems) but not from typeform. So the asana email connection works fine with other mails systems. Typeform sends notification to other tested email addresses but not to the asana ones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nzbtx Since I’m able to successfully receive a notification with the + symbol, I would still suggest contacting Asana to see why the email isn’t being received on their end. 

Hi Liz,

I have reached out to Asana. Indeed the project email needs to be whitelisted - so thank you for the suggestion. It is a standard project option. But it seems I can’t add typeform.com emails as they are blocked by default. I believe this issue can only be resolved by Asana team? See below screenshot:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @nzbtx ! Though, I’m afraid you would still need to contact Asana about this, since the issue is in their platform.