Answered

Email Origination

• 28 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello! I am new to Typeform and am getting the lay of the land. Wondering if there is a mechanism for showing which original distribution email address yielded the responses? In my specific case:

• My Typeform is an RSVP for an upcoming 3 day travel event.
  • We distributed the Typeform link via Outlook to our event distribution list.  
  • We ask for “best email” in our Typeform logic chain which has yielded some personal email addresses. Most emails we have on our original distribution list are work emails.
  • It is great that we have the “best email” in our results, but I do not now from which email off of our original list the the response came from… I need to be able to match these variables up. Is there a way??

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 July 2021, 17:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jenn Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. :grin: If the respondent didn’t provide the email address, I’m afraid there isn’t any way for us to provide that information. 

Though, if you happen to utilize hidden fields and passed in the information through the URL, then you would be able to see this data. I would definitely recommend using hidden fields for any future forms!