Answered

In-App Poll / Result Notification for users

• 21 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there,
my name is Emanuel and I am totally new in the typeform business. Right now I have a free account and published my first typeform poll yesterday in an app.
I just want to know if it is possible to present the result of the user’s vote straight after the vote is done (e.g. 20 % voted for answer “A” and 80 % voted for answer “B”).

Thanks for your help! 

icon

Best answer by Gabriel 22 April 2021, 16:00

View original

6 replies

Badge +5

Welcome @Emanuel , hope you are having a fab day so far. 

Spoke to the Typeform gurus and I’m glad to confirm this is possible.  You would need to generate a report link and once that’s done set up redirect on completion. 

Any further questions you know where to find us!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Gabriel, I wonder if I could ask for some help with a related question to what Emanuel asked above. I’m looking to do the same thing, but in an iframe within another site (specifically a learning management system for e-learning, which adds some constraints to the level of customization I can include, including ruling out using the embed SDK).  

I was able to successfully set my form to redirect to the poll results page (demo), but when I embed it using an iframe, it either doesn’t redirect at all (like this person), or when I’ve messed around with the sandbox attributes within the iframe (thank you 6 year old stackoverflow thread), I’ve been able to get it to redirect but it redirects the entire parent page, rather than just redirecting the form inside the iframe. 

Do you or any of your colleagues happen to have any suggestions for me to try? Thank you so much!! (PS. I love typeform!)

---

For reference, the most basic of code that I tried first that resulted in no redirect, just no activity inside the iframe upon form submission: 

<iframe src="https://lexie911319.typeform.com/to/yt5h3YeU"></iframe>

And the updated embed code that did work to redirect the parent page to the Typeform results page, which unfortunately is not the result I’m looking for – I’m hoping that it will redirect to the results page within the iframe:

<iframe src="https://lexie911319.typeform.com/to/yt5h3YeU" sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-top-navigation"></iframe>

Badge +5

Hi @lexieb ! And thanks for posting. I defer to my colleague @Liz on this one who is a lot more technical than myself. 

Welcome to our (your) community 👋

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks @Gabriel! Looking forward to hearing from @Liz.

I did create a separate thread for the same question since I wasn’t sure if this reply would get seen by the team – please feel free to merge or archive the extra if that’s something that can be done. :) 

Badge +5

Don't worry @lexieb we'll sort it out 😇

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lexieb I’ve replied to your post. :grinning: