Answered

Is it possible to download a response PDF or CSV from the API or could it be sent by webhook?

Hello, I’d like to automatically receive through a webhook a PDF or CSV with the data formatted as question and answer (as the Typeform website offers in the Results section) when each user submit their responses of a form. It is that posible? 

If not, any alternative solution? 

Million thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 31 August 2021, 16:25

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DMform - from another user here

you could connect the typeform to Google Sheets and then using an add-on called Document Studio and a merge template created in Google Slides or Docs, you can output the data into a merge doc, have it saved as a pdf and mailed to you/a recipient. 

here is a link to a live example - if you put in your email at the end you will get the result mailed to you. 

des

Thanks @john.desborough for your quick response!

So I still would need to adapt the data by my own and create a template, right?

I was wondering if Typeform had the option of automatically create and send the same (or a similar PDF) as they offer in the website at Results → Responses → “Print this response” pdf (image below)

Also, instead of emailing it, sending it via Webhook to my server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DMform We don’t have a way automatically send the results in a PDF format, but I would definitely suggest the option @john.desborough provided! 

Thanks Liz for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @DMform !

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m interested in programmatically adding Typeform responses to a SharePoint document library. I’d love for them to come as PDFs, but I’m curious if anyone has done something interesting in the O365 world.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough you don’t use 365, do you? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I got it working.

I’m using a logic app to:

• Receive and parse a typeform webhook payload using requests connector
  • Fill in a word template with the response data using Word Online connector
  • Save a temp word file in a temp folder using SharePoint connector
  • Convert the temp file to a PDF using Word Online connector
  • Save the PDF in our client files using the SharePoint connector

The result is a formatted PDF in our client files shortly after a client completes the form.

Only thing I cannot figure out is how to delete the temp files, lol. It’s a limitation with the SharePoint connector.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, glad to hear you got it working, @the other max ! What is the logic app you’re using? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m using Azure logic apps. My prototype is rough, but I think I can make it work pretty well. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah got it, @the other max ! If you’re open to sharing your workflow more in-depth, we’d love to see it! I can’t say I’m familiar with Azure apps, so it’s always helpful to get some insight into what others are doing. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ll share all the details once I have it past beta. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woohoo! Thanks, @the other max 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I posted my automatic PDF export process here 😁

Hello @DMform, does your .pdf solution work with photo uploads via typeform? Within google sheets, the photos are URLs. Are you able to have the photos displayed within the .pdf?