Answered

Matrix choices in e-mail messages

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All,

I have a question. I'm using a matrix with the option to choose multiple answers. Everything goes well. But here is the thing i don't understand!

When i create an E-Mail Notification message, i can't select the matrix field which is question 26 in this case.

When i create an E-mail Notification with @All Answers the input is visisble in the notification email!

Is there an option or way to get the Matrix Answers as well in the notification mail? I don't realy like the laytout of AllAnswer in the notification mail

Thanks for your help in advance.

icon

Best answer by Liz 25 July 2022, 16:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jeroen MPS It does looks like it’s not possible to select the matrix question manually, but I’m not sure why. I’m asking the product team for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jeroen MPS Alrighty, I did hear back from our product team. This isn’t a feature currently offered, and it has partially something to do with the fact that it’s not possible to recall information in the form itself. It does work in the “All answers” portion because this is pulling the data from another part of the code (versus when you recall it individually in the notification settings). I don’t have any specifics on whether this would be offered as a feature. :\

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - sort of like getting the ability to implement logic rules on the matrix answers… i am guessing on that.. both of these would be good.. i will upvote to product team please!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your reply and research. If it isn't possible to recall the information, then what is the benefit of having a Matrix functionality in typeform?

Is it possible to recall the matrix information in Excel for example or through another connection/plugin?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jeroen MPS I would say the overall question itself is quite the benefit to have in the form! This is a relatively new block which we didn’t have the past few years. Even if you can’t recall the information, it’s definitely a great block to have if you need to collect information in that format. 

As for recalling outside of Typeform, I’m not quite sure I understand. Do you mind explaining a bit more what you’re looking to do? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jeroen MPS - the matrix responses are recorded into a Google Sheet or Excel integration and you have full access to the data inside the spreadsheet . 

I use them extensively for a couple of clients and we do all the calculations and reporting out of the spreadsheet (Google in most cases) 

Data Studio from Google or Tableau consume the data just fine and allow you all sorts of dashboarding and analysis when they can pull the data from the spreadsheet. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @john.desborough and @Liz for your help. I will do some research about the mentioned Google Solution. I'm pretty restricted at work to make connection with other applications. So e-mail messages are the most convenient for me at this moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jeroen MPS once you get the data into the Google sheet, as in my case, you use the Document Studio add-on for Google Sheets to merge the output into a report document and mail it out as pdf, directly from the Sheet via Document Studio.. 

works well for me and my clients so far. 

cheers

des