Answered

Merge all uploaded images in a form to one file (pdf?)

• 2 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I created a form where I asked leads to upload certain images. When finished I dont want to click on every file link to download and view the image. Instead I would like to get a summary file (maybe pdf) with all images and once. 
Do you know how this is possible (maybe with zapier)?
Until now, I did not figured it out myself (even with zapier).

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 June 2023, 17:03

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Imagedownloadfan Thanks for stopping by the community! We don’t have this feature natively, so you would need to use something like Zapier to do this. 

I think you could possibly use a file merger tool, but @john.desborough have you seen any of your clients do this? I know you’ve been able to merge items from a Typeform into a doc, but I wasn’t sure about the image part of it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - the only way i have been able to do this  is to connect the form to google sheets, create a template into which to put the field placeholders and merge the content with Document Studio into a pdf that is sent to the user. 

here’s a simple test of that 

asks for two files to be uploaded.. and an email to make it work. @Imagedownloadfan  - check it out.. 

des

Thanks for your replies!
@john.desborough how do you manage to get the pictures visibly shown in the pdf, without just getting the links?Is there a guide on how to use Document Studio for this. Didnt work for me yet.
Appreciate your input :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

here’s what i have in the system

simply the links in the google sheet

and in the google doc, here’s the templated text: 

easy peasy

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks so much for sharing this, @john.desborough !

Thank you so much for sharing @john.desborough 
I am able to synch to google sheet, just not to document studio from there.
Do I use Zapier for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Imagedownloadfan - you would need to have a subscription to the Document Studio addin.. it’s 100 USD for the year.. .. worth it in my estimation - I have about 3-400 reports that go out each day using the tool across the tests i have set up in the Community, my own work and onbehalf of a couple of clients. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Imagedownloadfan Des is running a workshop on how to do this soon!