Answered

Need to create 8 endings based on which question has more options marked

• 16 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi community!

After navigating a lot, I couldn’t be able to find the way… and I need your help..

I have a questionaire of symptoms with 8 categories and 8-15 possible options on each category. The test results must be determine which of the 8 categories is the one with more options selected. The score options is not working, and the outcome quiz either… I can’t find the way to calculate this. Please help me to understand… :sweat_smile:

Greetings!

Laura

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 16 April 2021, 21:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Laura.Sola thanks for stopping by! Would you mind sharing screenshots/videos of what you currently have setup, including any logic jumps or calculations, so we can help further with this? Thanks! :smile:

Thank you Liz for your quick answer! 

I’m adding two screenshots. One is about the Variables I created (first doubt… score is default and I also created a variable for each category. 

And in the other hand, I have been created logic rules to add 1 to each answer.. but I don’w know if I must add it on @score and then to the category or what… :sweat_smile:

My logic says that in some point I should need to say ok, compare the total score of each category and send the person to the ending (category related) where there are more symptoms. 

I’m sure in the logic and variables are the answer… 

Thank you for your help!

Hi @Laura.Sola thanks for stopping by! Would you mind sharing screenshots/videos of what you currently have setup, including any logic jumps or calculations, so we can help further with this? Thanks! :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Laura.Sola - this comes from a fellow user.. 

you are on the right track.. 

if you add the appropriate points to each of the cat_X variables that you need to collect, then at the end of the questions you will need to assess the variables against each other to determine where to send the others.. the logic will go something like this (assuming that all the cat_X variables are complete)

• create a variable called cat_a_biggest, and set it to No (same for all other cat_x variables)
  • if cat_a is greater than 0 And cat_a minus cat_b is greater than 0, then set cat_a_biggest to Yes
  • if cat_a is greater than 0 And cat_a minus cat_c is less than 0, then set cat_a_biggest to No 
  • if cat_a is greater than 0 And cat_a minus cat_d is greater than 0, then set cat_a_biggest to no
  • repeat for all of variables against cat_a - if cat_a is YES at the end then route to ending for Cat A
  • if cat_a _biggest is NO after the above, you will have to do the same with the other variables to determine which one is set to YES 

this is a little sample of something that is similar

hope this helps somewhat

Wow thanks a lot John for your answer! I’m going to need reading it several times! :upside_down:

Starting for the beginning, I’m not pretty sure how or what does mean “add the appropiate points to each of the cat_X variables”… maybe that value could be the maximum value possible if a person select all the options on that category? I mean, if the Category (question with options to choose) has 15 possible options to select, the value for that cat_x could be that maximum 15?? Just trying to guess and understand… :sweat_smile:

I find the formula too complex, when the results should be only a comparison of which is the greater value… Category A: 2, catgegory B: 3, category C: 5…. and the category H: 11. So I would love to redirect the results to the H ending page… I’m sure su already get it with the last message. It’s me who has the problem of understanding this… :sweat_smile:  First time trying to program a form result…

Please let me know if you find another way to solve this issue or that long variable comparison is the only way…

Thank you so much for your support!

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Laura.Sola 

“add the appropiate points to each of the cat_X variables”… maybe that value could be the maximum value possible if a person select all the options on that category? I mean, if the Category (question with options to choose) has 15 possible options to select, the value for that cat_x could be that maximum 15?? Just trying to guess and understand…

looking at your screenshots above - you seem to be adding 1 point for each answer selected by the user (am assuming it is a multiple choice with multiple selections permitted), so if there are 11 options selected that would add one point to the cat_a variable, then you have a ‘score’ (not the variable) of 11 for cat_a… and the same for cat_b, c, d etc. 

unfortunately, there is nothing ‘simple’ available in the logic capabilities that will tell you which variable is the biggest .. you have to evaluate them against each other.. 

it’s clunky .. but it works.. 

Thanks again John!

Yes, that’s absolutely right, it’s a multiple choice were each options has 1 value. I don’t know how to assign that score to the categroy though… But I already feel in debt with you.. I will spend some more time looking, guessing and trying, and then yes I will apply what you said about the comparison of each categories… omg I hope I can make it some day.. :sweat_smile:

Thanks again!

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Laura.Sola - well ok.. fine.. i would have had this done earlier except for having to teach two sessions in a workshop this evening.. 

try this out

it only has three “categories” in it .. 

• one point for each answer selected in each multiple choice question (which i call a category) 
  • after the three questions have been answered, it looks at all the possibilities to determine which category is biggest and routes you to an ending page for A, B, or C if there is a clear winner. 
    • if there are ties between 2 high ‘scores’, it routes to a page that pertains possible to both 
    • if they are all tied, it goes to a separate page as well. 

I have used ending pages here BUT you could move those ‘endings’ to another statement question to force someone to decide on which path to follow in the event of a tie. 

have some fun walking through this and seeing if this ‘works’ .. 

des