Answered

Passing data from one typeform to another with email link

• 14 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have typeform that I want to send a link via email for completion. I want to send this link with some answers already filled from answers on a previous typeform.  I know to use hidden fields but cant seem to wrap by brain around the how. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 March 2022, 19:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rap429 In order to pass the data in through hidden fields, you need to have the data stored somewhere, such as your CRM system. What system are you using to send the emails? 

Userlevel 1

Salesforce is my CRM. I use outlook for email and also have access to Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok! If you can send the emails from Salesforce, @rap429 , you could use merge fields to add the data into the typeform URL. Would that work for you? 

Userlevel 1

Yes but hidden fields passed to a new form cant be the answer to a question on the form correct?

Sometimes this from will be done manually and sometimes it would be a follow up form.  I guess I could create two versions of the form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rap429 It can’t be the answer, but it will record the hidden field data in the answers. You could definitely have two different versions based on whether you have the information already or not.