Skip to main content

We recently posted a job application form that gathered over 930 applicants, but we realized that we forgot to include an important question in the form. We are trying to figure out the best way to ask all the applicants to provide their response to this missing question.

One approach we thought of is creating a second Typeform with just the missing question and emailing it to all the applicants. We would then manually compile the responses in an Excel sheet alongside the data from the original form.

However, before proceeding, we were wondering if there's an easier or more automated way to handle this? Ideally, we'd like to avoid manually combining the responses if possible.

Any suggestions or advice on how to best manage this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Hi @BrainBook Oh no! That’s the worst when that happens. The best solution I can think of would be to manually move everything over but @john.desborough might actually have some automation suggestions for you. 

@Liz @BrainBook  - the only suggestion that i would have is to connect the second form to an Excel sheet so that the data is automatically collected there upon  submission. 

That way you can create another tab in the larger file, where you duplicate the data from the first report and lookup and pull in the data from the second sheet, based on the email address of the user (vlookup) 

that way as a candidate responds with the second form, the second tab will automatically be populated with the updated answer.

(i had to do this for a client in Google Sheets)

des