Serious Limitation to Summary Reports - Ability to Filter!

• 14 April 2023
  • 8 replies

We use a single form for all training feedback and need to be able to filter by date (at least) and create a summary report that can be sent to the customer.  

Why is the ability to filter by date available within insights and responses - but not summary?!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rlawrence Thanks for stopping by and sharing this. I don’t have a particular reason offhand as to why we don’t have this feature available, but I can share this feedback with the product team. 

The first question in my survey is about geographical location. Can reports be generated based on how they answer? I’ve got 6 locations so I’d need 6 different reports.

I currently use the Google Sheets integration and send the link to the live data to staff at these locations so that they don’t have to access Typeform to see the current data. I’m open to another integration options if that would help.

Thanks for any insight!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @publicstrategies I’ve moved your post here where we have an existing conversation about this. 😀

Hi All,

i have created a survey for our team to get feedback from all team members on meeting requirements during the following week. Is there a way to prompt my team with the survey results each week? I am aware i can share results, but this will always create a report that shows all previous inputs - is there a way to automatically filter the shared report?

Thank you!   

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hannes I added your post here where we have an existing conversation about this. One option would be to export the data outside of Typeform, such as to Google Sheets, and filter the data from there. 

I’d really really love to see this feature as well. Yes, we could export the data and filter it elsewhere to generate reports, but it’d take a lot of effort to get the same nice & pretty formatted summary that Typeform already provides. 

The icing on the cake would be if you could publish multiple links to specific filtered versions of the report. Or at the very least, allow filtering on that published link.

Here’s a use case: In a service request ticketing system, we send a survey link to every user after a request is completed (with the ticket ID has hidden data). The customer completes the survey. Once a few months or years have passed, it’s not helpful to have a single report that looks at all the data. You need to be able to quickly focus on specific time periods, maybe even compare one time period to a previous time period, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tspcsc Thanks for sharing your use case - I really appreciate it! I’ll share this with the product team. I’m sure our support folks would also like reports for a similar use case. 😀

Hi @hannes I added your post here where we have an existing conversation about this. One option would be to export the data outside of Typeform, such as to Google Sheets, and filter the data from there. 

I’d really appreciate a more seamless option to feedback survey results to a team.